ALL HELP-Please read sick Hepper

  • pmgilbertson@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2003
      I have been having muscle cramps for 2 years nowusually only one muscle group
      at a time, does any one else have this cramp problem?? I tried clonipin, been
      to the neurologist x 15, ya da ya da and no one knows why I have them, and
      nothing works except calcium, magnesium, potassium, basic minerals in pretty
      large doses I am now up to 1,000 mg of oyster shell calcium 2x a day, and 200
      mg of potassium 2x a day, 500 mg magnesium 2x a day. and 50 mg zinc 2x a day.
      Does this sound like alot of minerals??? I have Hep C End stage Cirrhosis my
      Child pugh is B and I am a 12 on the my MELD score . Well I had a siezure
      (dont know what else to call it) today I stretched and about 30 muscle groups
      legs, arms, chest, back side all cramped up for about 45 seconds felt like an
      eternity.. I am to see liver spec on Fri next week but dont know if I'll have
      any more of these damn things any one have any suggestions ???? When I used
      to run cross country I used to get leg cramps that would knot up so hard you
      could drive nails with em. I then learned that lack of O2 can and does cause
      these cramps as your blood supply is not carring enough O2.. any thoughts or
      help tips will be greatly appreacited... Thanks eh Pete G

      pmgilbertson@... Please write to me and not the group. THANKS ALL

      "Chance favors the prepared mind"
      Louis Pasteur

      ** If you can't be a good example then you have to be a horrible warning**

      Da YOOPER

    • Gail Samples
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2003
        From: pmgilbertson@...

        Subject: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] ALL HELP-Please read sick Hepper

        I have been having muscle cramps for 2 years nowusually only one muscle
        group
        at a time, does any one else have this cramp problem??

        Has your doctor tried Flexeril? It can be a wonder drug. Maybe you could
        try switching from calcium oxide to calcium citrate or calcium chelated
        amino acid form. I have read that there is great controversy about whether
        or not calcium oxide is well assimilated. The same for
        magnesium-supposedly, magnesium oxide is not a good form to take. That's
        all I can suggest-I know that when I went off Infergen, I suffered charlie
        horses left and right. Upping my dosage of calcium helped immensely. I
        certainly hope you get some relief AND a new liver right away!

        gail

      • Alley <patriciajean@attbi.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 11, 2003
          I get muscle cramps too. At first my doc suggested Quinine (over the
          counter) but I had a bad reaction to it. There are prescriptions for
          that, I forgot was is deficient usually that causes the musle cramps.

          The muscle cramps were esp bad after spending all day at work on my
          feet. My toes would curl the wrong way while driving home from work
          and the leg cramps kept me up at nite.

          I don't have them so much anymore. Tell your doctor and she and you
          can work out what works for you.

          Good luck

          Alley
          in Holland