Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] A little update on me

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2003
      I'm so glad to hear that things are getting better! And yes, there is
      nothing like good sleep to help you feel better. Hang in there,
      persistance pays off.

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Gail Samples
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2003
        Good news Tatezi. You are lucky with your doctor.

        gail

        From: "Tatezi" <tatezi@...>
        Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 21:23:07 -0600
        To: "Hep" <GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] A little update on me

        Hi everyone....

        Well, I'm at the second week of being on elavil and what a difference being
        able to sleep has made in my life. I know it will take about a month for the
        antidepressant part of elavil to kick in and the increased dosage of
        synthroid takes time too....so it has to be the sleep that is making this
        huge change in me. Sleep deprivation is just an awful thing.

        Each week we are increasing my elavil by 25mg until we reach 100mg. Tomorrow
        I start on 75mgs. But all I know is that as soon as I started getting stage
        4 sleep, everything started to turn around.

        Some more good news. Got a call from the county clinic and I was accepted
        into the GI and Endocrinology specialty clinics. That means no more general
        walk in clinic for me and no more 10-12 hour days waiting to see a doctor.
        Oh, I'll still have waits, but it won't be 10-12 hours. People I talked to
        at the walkin clinic said that if you get to the specialty clinics (I call
        them the inner sanctum), the wait time is never more than an hour. My first
        appointment with the GI is the end of April but at least I'm in and will be
        able to see a doctor regarding my hep. How nice it will be to be able to get
        labs done and see where I stand.

        So things are finally starting to settle down for me. Now if someone would
        just respond to the resumes I send out each week and hire me...that would be
        icing on the cake.

        Just thought I'd let everyone know how I'm doing in my battle of getting
        care without insurance. Course so far it's mostly been my personal doc
        working from the labs that have been done at the free clinic and prescribing
        me the proper medication...I am truly blessed to have a doctor who is in the
        profession because he cares and not for the prestige or the money.

        Blessings

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 7, 2003
          Thanks, Carol. At least now that I'm rested each day it's not totally unbearably...just a job with no benefits. It just never ceases to amaze me what sleep deprivation does to a person.

          Blessings
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 9, 2003
            Congratulations Tat,
            I"M happy that you finally got into a doc even though you may have to wait
            an hour.
            It certainly is better than before, just being able to go to the doc and
            knowing that it won't take you forever must be a relief! And sleep is slways
            a godsend, what a difference, will continue to pray that you find another
            job! Take care
            Suzy