A little update on me

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2003
      Hi everyone....

      Well, I'm at the second week of being on elavil and what a difference being able to sleep has made in my life. I know it will take about a month for the antidepressant part of elavil to kick in and the increased dosage of synthroid takes time too....so it has to be the sleep that is making this huge change in me. Sleep deprivation is just an awful thing.

      Each week we are increasing my elavil by 25mg until we reach 100mg. Tomorrow I start on 75mgs. But all I know is that as soon as I started getting stage 4 sleep, everything started to turn around.

      Some more good news. Got a call from the county clinic and I was accepted into the GI and Endocrinology specialty clinics. That means no more general walk in clinic for me and no more 10-12 hour days waiting to see a doctor. Oh, I'll still have waits, but it won't be 10-12 hours. People I talked to at the walkin clinic said that if you get to the specialty clinics (I call them the inner sanctum), the wait time is never more than an hour. My first appointment with the GI is the end of April but at least I'm in and will be able to see a doctor regarding my hep. How nice it will be to be able to get labs done and see where I stand.

      So things are finally starting to settle down for me. Now if someone would just respond to the resumes I send out each week and hire me...that would be icing on the cake.

      Just thought I'd let everyone know how I'm doing in my battle of getting care without insurance. Course so far it's mostly been my personal doc working from the labs that have been done at the free clinic and prescribing me the proper medication...I am truly blessed to have a doctor who is in the profession because he cares and not for the prestige or the money.

      Blessings

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2003
        Hi Tatezi

        I'm so happy to hear things are much better for you....you certainly deserve it after all you've been through. Now I will keep my fingers crossed you can get a decent job.

        Huggggs

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2003
          I'm so glad to hear that things are getting better! And yes, there is
          nothing like good sleep to help you feel better. Hang in there,
          persistance pays off.

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        • Gail Samples
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2003
            Good news Tatezi. You are lucky with your doctor.

            gail

            From: "Tatezi" <tatezi@...>
            Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 21:23:07 -0600
            To: "Hep" <GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com>

[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 7, 2003
              Thanks, Carol. At least now that I'm rested each day it's not totally unbearably...just a job with no benefits. It just never ceases to amaze me what sleep deprivation does to a person.

              Blessings
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 9, 2003
                Congratulations Tat,
                I"M happy that you finally got into a doc even though you may have to wait
                an hour.
                It certainly is better than before, just being able to go to the doc and
                knowing that it won't take you forever must be a relief! And sleep is slways
                a godsend, what a difference, will continue to pray that you find another
                job! Take care
                Suzy