Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] post treatment blues

  • Gail Samples
    Message 1 of 57 , Jan 1, 2003
      Yeah I ried Neurontin several times too. The sides were not good...sigh.
      It is funny-some people strive to be debt free, others look for the perfect
      mate-we strive to be pain-free. The last round of Neurontin, I joined a
      Neurontin group. Sheesh, those people were taking up to 6 grams a day of
      the stuff-plus other meds-opoids, Klonopin, etc. I am trying to update my
      paper on understanding cryo-what actually happens in the body, why I take
      the supplements that I do, etc. Hopefully, soon I will get it out to you
      guys. I believe that to understand the enemy is to be able to defeat the
      enemy. I never could take Ibu-I stopped peeing right away! I think I
      remember you from Hepatitis Central when I used to go there regularly whilst
      on treatment. Good luck getting the patch-it sounds like your doc is
      decent about pain relief-in my area they don't like to prescribe anything
      stronger than Darvocet, Tyl-3 (which you can buy over the counter in the
      Bahamas as 2-2-2s), Percocet, etc. There have been several deaths due to
      dummies ODing on Oxycontin, lots of break-ins, etc.

      gail

      From: Mzgee1@...
      Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 19:24:46 EST
      To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] post treatment blues

      Dear Gail, thanks! Appreciate the info. Bextra is an NSAID. I used to
      take
      up to 3000mgs of Ibuprofen daily and my doc would cringe, crossing his
      fingers that my kidneys wouldn't blow or my stomach. They didn't...but when
      I started to see the Rheumatologist, she first tried me on Plaquenil, but I
      got a body rash from it so I had to stop. We moved on to Bextra ( a new
      med). It doesn't take the pain away, but gives me as much relief as all
      the
      Ibuprofen did (which is miraculous!) Instead of taking 10 Ibus a day, I
      take
      1 Bextra in the a.m and it lasts all day. Unfortunately, she will not let
      me increase it. So I can only take 20 mgs a day. But like I said, I still
      take Demerol during the day (usually in the a.m.) and Oxycontin before bed.
      I can pretty much deal with the residual pain. I had taken Neurontin for
      quite a while before treatment for the nerve pain, but I never did get over
      the sides (nausea & dizziness). I really would like to switch to one of the
      new patches that are out. I read about one recently that is being touted as
      a better way to deal with pain than using opoids. It (if I remember
      right..)is like oxycontin..but works better(no breakthru pain) and has been
      found not to be addicting. At this point I NEVER worry about that....but
      the
      docs do. Phyisical dependence is one thing and ADDICTION is a whole nother
      story! But that's just my opinion! Anyway, I don't know HOW I got into all
      of this...sheesh! Sorry..love, gee (P.S. I'm a Gail too!)

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • w.m.landstra
      Message 57 of 57 , Feb 17 9:46 AM
        Hi.For sweating try the sauna,also good for other things,make sure you stay inside long enough for your organs to sweat,may take some practice,it also gives you a wonderfull relaxed feeling after you take the cold shower.Willem.