Doctor a question

  • Mscue40@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2002
      Dear Dr. I am a responder 1a and at 28 weeks. Why did my Dr. tell me now I
      will do 52 weeks of treatment now instead of 42?
      Why would he tell me I can't go abroad during treatment?
      What do I need to take with me to show proof of my need of the medicine?
      I don't have to take the syringes, they can be gotten in Norway.
      Thanks for your reply
      Donna

    • Doc
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 25, 2002
        Hi Donna,

        Its great that you have responded being 1a. To make sure you stay that way, we recommend full 48 wk treatment. It actually means 12 months, with an average of 4 wks in a month, so 52 wks sounds okay for one year.
        It has never been 42 weeks, so there was a mistake somewhere.

        There is no reason why you cannot travel anywhere on treatment, you should carry a doctor's prescription as proof of treatment.

        Hope this helps.

        Dr Sharat Misra MD,DM,FACG