flu shot

  • Susan Enyart
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
      My doctor said the flu shot is important while on treatment. I am at week 39 on Peg-Intron combo, am a 1a. Viral load is undetectable at this point.
      Susan

    • Mscue40@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
        Well, I wish they would all make up their minds!!
        Week 39... oh my goodness you are so close!
        Congratulations,
        Donna
        How are you doing?

      • tammster62
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 6, 2004
          Does anyone on here get the flu shot? Since my white counts are
          always a little low I was wondering about getting one.
          My doc said he didn't have a clue (gives me great faith in him :P)
          and that I should call the 1-800 number which I did. They said that
          usually they suggest it, but you should get your docs ok.
          So, I suppose I am on my own with this decision. Any suggestions out
          there?
          Why would I NOT get one?
          <><TammieD><>
        • Ron Miller d.b.a. Country TV
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 6, 2004
            I get one every year, they advise the chronic ill to get one. I am a hep-c
            non-responder.
            Country TV
            Ron Miller
            Inez, TX. 77968

            > Does anyone on here get the flu shot? Since my white counts are
            > always a little low I was wondering about getting one.
            > My doc said he didn't have a clue (gives me great faith in him :P)
            > and that I should call the 1-800 number which I did. They said that
            > usually they suggest it, but you should get your docs ok.
            > So, I suppose I am on my own with this decision. Any suggestions out
            > there?
            > Why would I NOT get one?
            > <><TammieD><>

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Shshonee
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 6, 2004
              I got the flu shot on tx and off. My white counts weren't below norm when I did it, but were going low as they usually do on tx. No problems.

              Good idea to call the 800 number.

            • Shshonee
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 6, 2004
                Hey Ron, fellow Texan! Where is Inez?

                Alley
                Grand Prairie, Tx

              • Ron Miller d.b.a. Country TV
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 6, 2004
                  Small place, 14 miles east of Victoria TX. coastal bend area.
                  Country TV
                  Ron Miller
                  Inez, TX. 77968

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 6, 2004
                    Yes, definitely get the flu shot! You should also get vaccinated for Hep B
                    and Hep A. And, get vaccinated for pneumonia too.

                    The vaccine is made of dead virus' so you can't get the flu from it, although
                    some claim that they do.

                    My personal thoughts on getting the shot is that our bodies are already in a
                    fight and under stress which puts us in the position of catching almost
                    anything that is going around. The flu shot really helps me. I can't believe I
                    haven't had a cold or the flu since I've been getting them, and I used get the
                    flu and/or bronchitis every year before then.

                    We can't afford to not get vaccinated against everything that we could be
                    very susceptible to. What may make a 'regular' person ill, could be almost
                    deadly for us heppers.

                    Go for it girl!

                    Betty

                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 7, 2004
                        As soon as we found out I had Hep C, both my primary care physician and my
                        hepatologist prescribed a flu shot. And the pcp wondered if I should get
                        the pneumo-something shot for pneumonia. Then I lost my medical insurance
                        so I never found out if I should have that shot or not.

                        This year I will go to a flu shot clinic and continue to get one. It will
                        cost $15.

                        I have never had the flu. And I don't want it!
                        Pam in Maine