MSM-MSM Products Page

  • Mark Middle Mountain
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2002
      Here is a cheap place to get bulk msm and ester C. this guy recommends
      building up to quite high doses, slowly, of MSM for a while, then cutting
      back to a maintenance dose of 4-8 grams daily. Talks about detoxing
      symptoms when building up the doseage, that is why to build up slow and
      take the vit C along with it.

      Going thru the message board on the site. I see references that taking MSM
      will give elevated readings of liver enzymes, what he refers to as false
      positives, and he recommends stopping taking MSM for 3 days before a liver
      enzyme test. That is not scary enough to make me stop taking the MSM, I
      always have elevated enzymes anyway, and the MSM helps with the joint pain
      and energy levels, but something to be aware of.

      https://secure3.super-nova.net/msm-msm/shop/boutique.html

    • Mark Middle Mountain
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2002
        https://secure3.super-nova.net/msm-msm/shop/boutique.html

        Link to the cheapest MSM I have found on the web. This guy pushes building
        up to an initial high dose, then backing off. More details in the FAQ
        section found off the Home page. Plus he responds to any posts on the
        message board. Here is an excerpt from the FAQ page.

        "We always recommend starting at a low level of between 500 and 1000 mg
        (eighth to a quarter teaspoon) per day. Stay at that level for about a week
        and then add another 500 to 1000 mg per day and stay at that level for a
        week. Continue in the same way for several weeks never adding more than 2000
        mg (half teaspoon) at one time, until you are taking between 6 and 8
        teaspoons per day. This high level makes up for the years of deficiency that
        your body has experienced. Then reduce the amount to a maintenance level for
        whatever works for you. This is a balance between addressing what you want
        to address and being able to sleep as well as you would like at night. For
        most people the maintenance level is between 1 and 2 teaspoons (4000 to 8000
        mg) per day. Always drink LOTS of water when starting on MSM or when
        increasing the amount you are taking."

        One thing they recommend is taking it all in the morning if you start having
        trouble sleeping at night with a larger dose. Also taking Vit C with the
        MSM, up to a max dose of 3 grams a day. He also sells the bulk Vit C. I
        am up to 3 teaspoons a day now. There are detox symptoms associated with
        increased doseages - the water helps keep the detox crap flowing out of
        you. I got a little jittery a couple of times after increasing my dose by
        1/2 teaspoon (2000mg) but it stopped after a couple of days. he says that
        if you were a heavy caffeine consumer, you can count on the jitters as part
        of the process of detox, and a friend of mine definitely had that problem.

      • willem landstra