re cured

  • willem landstra
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2002
      HI.Yes I.am celebrating,bought a bottle of good wine ,french cheese and started to get a little drunk and all over I said negative,negative.When I said the 1a and b.s should.nt give up I ofcourse did.nt forget the 2 type.s,but they hve a much greater change of responding then the 1.s.The doc told me that the succes rate with the new treatment,peg-combo for 2. people is about 80 %.Theres .new exiting medicine in the pipeline.It.s important to do at least 48 weeks of treatment,anyway there are people on the group who know all about that.I only wish that this new treatment would be available for all you people on the list who need it without worrying about the money.I got a new leas on life but everything has to sinc in.I stay on the group ofcourse because it gave me soo much support and info and you people understand.,William.

    • Suzy Balone
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
        WOW CONGRATS WILLEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        its about time you deserve it
        maybe the rest of us should go through 48 months , although my body just
        couldn't handle it. at least not with the combe, don't know about the peg if
        it would cause less problems or not
        Suzy

        From: "willem landstra" <rmland@...>
        To: <GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] re cured
        Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 20:12:15 +0100

        HI.Yes I.am celebrating,bought a bottle of good wine ,french cheese and
        started to get a little drunk and all over I said negative,negative.When I
        said the 1a and b.s should.nt give up I ofcourse did.nt forget the 2
        type.s,but they hve a much greater change of responding then the 1.s.The doc
        told me that the succes rate with the new treatment,peg-combo for 2. people
        is about 80 %.Theres .new exiting medicine in the pipeline.It.s important to
        do at least 48 weeks of treatment,anyway there are people on the group who
        know all about that.I only wish that this new treatment would be available
        for all you people on the list who need it without worrying about the
        money.I got a new leas on life but everything has to sinc in.I stay on the
        group ofcourse because it gave me soo much support and info and you people
        understand.,William.

        Unlimited Internet access -- and 2 months free!� Try MSN.
      • martine
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
          hi
          I did the 6 mo. combo.was a non responder, the side effects were
          horrible,as you all well know, they put me on the PEG,and i lost 60 in 8
          weeks, they took me off of it, and the sides were even worse then the first
          combo!!!!!I wish you good luck on the PEG.
          Martine

        • SitaPaul@cs.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
            Hi,
            How long have you experienced side effects after being off of treatment?
            I have been finished for almost 4 months and still miserable. Someone else
            wrote and said he had been through the same thing. It took him eight months
            to go back to work part time. Meghan

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2002
              <PRE>Belated congrats Willem. Anne