Cured!!.

  • willem landstra
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 1, 2002
      Hi to all my friends.Just got back from the doctor,the lab result was not in so he phoned the lab and when he spelled out my name the most anxious minutes of my life he then look over his glasses,had a smile and repeated the lab NEGATIVE.I stood up and walked around in the room,when he hanged up the phone I grapped his hands and this doctor was also touched because he went I long way with me,6 yrs of three treatments and this was succesfull could.nt believe it.He said they used a very sensitive test.and if you.re negative after six months the changes of being cured is 99%.All the people,the woman on the group,always the woman,who gave me support and positive thoughts,thanks.He also told me that if I was positive he would hve a new medicine for me which is designed for non-1a responders with only fibrosis.What to say,people never give up!.I did.nt and it paid off there where times when I thougt what the hell I can.t take it anymore but being a stubborn pickheaded dutchman I thought this tiny dragon virus is not going to beat me.How did the people on the group knew it was going to be ok?.So everybody with 1a or 1b DON.T GIVE UP.Love,William.

    • Lorad8@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 1, 2002
        William!!!!!
        CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have been in my prayers and thoughts so
        much lately. I am so very happy for you. The tears are falling down my
        cheeks right now in happiness. I too am a 1a, did treatment aggressively for
        one year and virus cleared my body also. Of course, you will remain in my
        prayers for at least another six months. You have a great message, NEVER give
        up.
        Happy, happy day for you William!!!
        You DESERVE it!
        We all do.
        Fondly, Lora

      • EnViolet@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 1, 2002
          That is just the greatest news William and a testament to your spirit that
          you never gave up . So happy for you
          Adelle

        • Mscue40@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 1, 2002
            Oh William, God bless you! I have goosebumps reading your story. I am
            celebrating with you right now!!!!
            So now your life goes on, what will you be doing?
            You will feel so good you won't know what to do with yourself JA?
            What is your native language?
            My very best well wish's to you.
            Your certainly have been a tower of strength. What great will power you
            have.
            WONDERFUL WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!
            My boyfriend lives in Oslo, perhaps one day we will meet.
            Your Happy Friend,
            Donna

          • Claudia Kane
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 1, 2002
              Congratulations William - you deserve it....may we all be as lucky as you!
              Aloha,
              Claudia

              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 1, 2002
                William,
                I am so happy for you! Congratulations! I think it's time for you
                to go out and celebrate now. Make sure you keep coming back though
                and keep reminding us of your success story.

                http://webhosting.yahoo.com/
              • GWhel@aol.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 1, 2002
                  William,

                  Way to go!! Really happy for you. Hope that virus knows better than to mess
                  with you again!

                  Your friend,
                  Gene
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 1, 2002
                    Hip hip hooray....I am so very happy for you, Willem. You have been in my thoughts so much and I've been keeping a candle burning for you.

                    Now can we get married so I can come live in the Netherlands <g>

                    Blessings
                    Tatezi
                    (Whose phone line has been down since yesterday morning and the repair guy just got me up and running so I've probably missed a lot of messages, not to mention bounced a lot of messages)

                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 1, 2002
                      During my phone troubles, I didn't get Willem's original message....would someone please forward it to me offlist????

                    • willem landstra

                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 1, 2002
                          CONGRATULATIONS WILLEM!! I am so happy for you, you've been through so much treatment....YIPPPEEEEE for you. I think living in Holland is a real + too, here in Canada they wouldn't allow us to do that much treatment, nevermind not having the peg funded....I am so glad to hear this, I haven't replied before, I wanted to wait for the results and I'm so glad to hear this....it gives all us geno1s some faith.

                          Hugggggggs

                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 1, 2002
                            LOL William....you're a funny guy!!! Hates cats? I rather doubt it...about being gay, who knows?....but rather doubt it, you my dutch friend....you are priceless!!...and CURED from the dragon....and that's all that really counts anyway.

                            Hugggggggs

                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 2, 2002
                              Yes, Now I am very curious to see what this William looks like.
                              You know I just can't stop thinking of how happy I am for you!
                              Congratulations once Again!
                              Donna who is smiling today.

                              Message 14 of 15 , Nov 2, 2002
                                Well, I've always thought you were black and gay...I'm white and straight. Jewish doesn't bother me if pagan doesn't bother you. Being married in a horse stable is fine....I'm right at home in horse stables after my 13 years of working with thoroughbreds. And I've done the haystack thing too <g> I smoke cigarettes all day so the cigars don't bother me, but the cats...now that's a problem <g>

                                Liefs

                                Message 15 of 15 , Nov 2, 2002
                                  That's wonderful!!!! I'm so excited for you! God bless you, luv always, gee