another question

  • runabout_104
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2002
      Thank you for the response about the iron. Another thing, I wanted to
      ask, isn't it true that HCV goes into other parts of our organs. We
      are not able to donate any organs because of this, correct?? Also,
      can't cirochiss be found thru blood work--just can't tell how much
      damange until a biopsy is found and isn't it also true thru an AFP
      test that tumors can be picked up thru a blood test. I know -lot of
      questions, and would appreciate any feedback. Thanks cheri
    • Claudia Kane
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2002
        Cheri...yes it is true that HCV is in other organs, but organ donation is possible (to another HCV patient)...there is a test (the AFP marker) that can give an idea of cancer tumors although it is normal for it to be somewhat elevated in persons with HCV....haven't heard anything about detecting cirrhosis through bloodwork - really think you need a biopsy for this....anticipation of this procedure is much worse than the actual biopsy. Hope this helps,
        Aloha,
        Claudia

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2002
          Hi, yes the tumor can be detected by blood work.
          I had that test before I began treatment.
          Your Friend
          Donna