Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Digest Number 1036

  • pat post
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2002
      Thank you for replies concerning the prescriptions, I
      did receive my access number then took the scripts in.
      I know the cost doesn't sound too bad for the co-pay
      compared to the actual cost of meds. I will do what I
      have to. Claudia, keep us posted, hope your first
      shot goes well. Donna, I try to keep my view of the
      'big picture' also, and look to the future after
      treatment, hoping that I will feel better. I hope
      with the virus put at bay, I will be able to feel some
      energy again. It is so frustrating to always feel you
      have to push yourself to do anything & everything. I
      know alot of you can relate. Have a good day and take
      good care, Pat
      --- GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > URL to this page:

      > There are 4 messages in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. problems getting prescription filled?
      > From: pat post <redrustlerusa@...>
      > 2. Re: problems getting prescription filled?
      > From: "Claudia Kane"
      > <claudia@...>
      > 3. Re: problems getting prescription filled?
      > From: Mscue40@...
      > 4. Claudia
      > From: Mscue40@...

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 14:11:32 -0700 (PDT)
      > From: pat post <redrustlerusa@...>
      > Subject: problems getting prescription filled?
      >
      > Hello, anyone else have problems getting their 1st
      > precription for the peg combo filled? I brought my
      > scripts in about 3 weeks ago. The nurse at my Docs
      > office, who is very nice, called the pharmacist to
      > see
      > what the hold up was. Apparently, my ins. an HMO
      > has
      > a cut off for the amount they allow for
      > reimbursement
      > for precriptions. They amount they will pay would
      > cover one weeks worth. So, I'd have to go week to
      > week, and pay my 25.00 copay, each week. My other
      > ins, through Hubby's job simply denied the claim.
      > Now
      > that's why we pay for insurance coverage, isn't it?
      > The nurse suggested I call the insurance companies,
      > which I will next week. Not looking forward to the
      > hassle. Trying to stay positive. Take good care
      > all.
      > Pat

      > http://sbc.yahoo.com

      > Message: 2
      > Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 15:03:04 -0700
      > From: "Claudia Kane" <claudia@...>
      > Subject: Re: problems getting prescription filled?
      >
      > I didn't have any problem (Blue Cross of CA) but I
      > am paying $380+ for the PegIntron & Ribavirin each 4
      > weeks - $25 a week sounds like a bargin!! Insurance
      > companies all have their little quirks - I'm sure
      > you'll get it soon. I know I waited and waited to
      > get my number - now I have the meds and start on
      > Thursday - getting REAL real!!!!
      > Claudia

      === message truncated ===

      http://sbc.yahoo.com