claudine

  • willem landstra
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19, 2002
      HI,claudine.Best whishes for yr grandmother,she is a taft old lady!.I hve a question:You send us soo much info on HCV,thanks,but how do you get this worldwide info on trials etc?.I.am trying to get info on the hyper-termi treatment but the hospital does.nt answer and if they finally do they kindly say it.s not my business.Do you bribe them with candy and flowers?.Willem.

    • Gail Samples
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 19, 2002
        From: "willem landstra" <rmland@...>

        Do you bribe them with candy and flowers?.Willem.

        LOL!!!

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 19, 2002
          Hi Willem,
          I don't know where to begin! I get my info from too many different
          places. I'm on several mailing lists, and I get the info from there,
          Hepatitits Neighborhood lists trials that are ongoing.
          http://www.priorityneighborhoods.com/ You can find listings at
          Acurian Clinical Trial http://www.acurian.com/patient/
          Some I read about in business news of the pharmaceutical industries.
          You can sometimes go to the drug company web sites to see if they
          have drugs in studies, and call or write them. Call doctors in your
          area to see if they know of any clinical trials or studies. Even if
          they aren't participating they will usually know if someone else in
          the area is! If you call a hospital, be sure and call the right
          department, and make sure you speak with someone IN CHARGE. They may
          be the only people who know anything about any studies being
          considered. Sometimes I see info posted on bulletin boards and copy
          and post it here. Sometimes other people tell me about them, or my
          doctor - although I haven't seen him for a while now. From many
          places! If you are looking into something that is "alternative" then
          you would have to look in other places I'm sure. You very seldom see
          any real clinical trials going on for herbs or any type of
          non-traditional medical treatments. I wish I could give you more
          specific info, but I don't have just one source! Sorry!
          Claudine

          http://sbc.yahoo.com