Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] New Insights Into the Mechanisms of Anemia During Interferon Alfa/Ribavirin Therapy

  • Patricia Jean
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2002
      Side Effect Profile of Ribavirin
      Hemolytic anemia
      Teratogenicity (rare)
      Cough and dyspnea (approximately 25%)
      Rash and pruritus (approximately 29%)
      Insomnia (approximately 40%)
      Anorexia (approximately 40%)

      I'd be interested in any info on riba and itch (rash and/or pruritus).

      Yesterday I saw a dermy and am testing for chemical allergies with two
      strips of stuff on my back. I go back Thurs to check on the tests then
      again Friday. So I'm always interested in what could be causing this. I
      think it may have been either something at work I was exposed to
      (fiberglass, oils, sprays, etc) or the combo.

      alley

      "The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the
      manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words,
      you can control the people who must use the words."
      (Philip K.Dick)