Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] I'm back!

  • Mscue40@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 4, 2002
      Welcome back!
      I am sorry to hear about Connie.
      Week 15 of treatment. I am feeling less confused. My blood work came back the
      best it has ever been.
      I gave them all my blood for the viral load,hepatic panel, and cbc. Hopefully
      it will be lower.
      My boyfriend in Norway went to give Blood. He filled out the questionnaire.
      Because he said he will be with someone with hep c. even using condoms. They
      will never let him donate blood. They didn't even take it then. Yikes. It
      would take 3 months to get the blood tests back anyway. So much for
      socialized medicine. I am going to see if my Dr. will order a blood test. My
      Dr. wants to be sure he is safe. It made me feel good my Dr. is concerned
      about me.
      What a beautiful September day.
      Donna

    • Claudia Kane
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 4, 2002
        Chances are very good that your boyfriend is fine - both of my husbands (ex and present) as well as my 2 boys (who can have it transferred to them in the birth canal) all tested in negative...as far as condom, while safe sex is always good, if you are in a strictly monogamous relationship, most doctors will tell you that you don't need to change anything.
        (Don't know about beautiful September day as it is still dark here in California!)

      • Patricia Jean
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 4, 2002
          Donna, glad to hear that your bf is getting tested. Not likely he has it, but always comforting to know for sure.

          Tat welcome back!!! I missed you :)

          About Connie, I dunno what to say. I'm so sad. I will keep her in my prayers.

          I've been off the computer for a few days, as on Sat I had blurred vision and today just returned from eye doc. Everything is fine and my vision has returned to normal. I'm thinking it was just the medication, I take so much for the darn interferon allergic reaction thingy.

          And hello to all of you.

          alley
          It's a blonde life, but somebody has to live it!

        • Mscue40@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 4, 2002
            Yes, my children and ex both tested negative. Amen. My Dr. is concerned my
            boyfriend could have hep c and not know it. That is what he said, the
            precaution is for me. It is kinda a double message.
            thanks for your reply,
            Donna who has seen a few Monarch butterflies here from up your way!

          • Mscue40@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 4, 2002
              Oh for sure my vision is worse. It is the medicine. I need to wear my glass's
              all the time now. I went to get my eyes checked and they said no, not while
              on treatment.
              Donna
              Who is so mad at the baseball player's with all the chemicals they take. I
              am not going to the professional games. I am going to watch the high
              schoolers play.

            • Edie
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 4, 2002
                I had bad vision while on treatment. After treatment, dr. told me to wait 6 months. At 4 months post tmt, I went to the eye doctor, who told me to wait until 6 months. At 6 months, I went back, and my sight had gotten worse than at 4 months post tmt.

                I am now half blind as a bat and have to wear bi-foculs. Glasses were an option for me prior to interferon. I hope you have better luck than I did with your eyes.

                Edie

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 4, 2002
                  LOTS of drugs can affect your vision! Even if all it states in the
                  side effects is something like 'dry mouth', that can mean it will dry
                  your eyes out too, and that makes your vision worse. Lots of
                  antidepressants will affect vision. It's a long list!

                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 5, 2002
                    How true about being dried up. I have eye moisturizer, nasal moisturizer,
                    body moisturizer, and could use a good mouth moisturizer!
                    Donna

                  • carol
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 5, 2002
                      Donna...everywhere I go I bring water with me...no store has complained yet...even with signs saying no food or drink. I hear ya about the dry mouth and I'm not even on treatment.

                      ARGGGG
                      How true about being dried up. I have eye moisturizer, nasal moisturizer,
                      body moisturizer, and could use a good mouth moisturizer!
                      Donna

                    • Suzy Balone
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 9, 2002
                        ditto
                        very nice to see you back Tat
                        things must b going better for you and glad that you were able to take a
                        little break and restore your soul
                        Suzy

                        From: GWhel@...
                        To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 23:21:05 EDT

                        Welcome back, Tats. Hope you're doing well. I'm really happy to see your
                        post.

                        Your friend,
                        Gene

                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 19, 2002
                          In a message dated 9/4/2002 9:46:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                          erodriguez7@... writes:

                          > I had bad vision while on treatment. After treatment, dr. told me to wait 6
                          > months. At 4 months post tmt, I went to the eye doctor, who told me to
                          > wait until 6 months. At 6 months, I went back, and my sight had gotten
                          > worse than at 4 months post tmt.
                          >
                          > I am now half blind as a bat and have to wear bi-foculs. Glasses were an
                          > option for me prior to interferon. I hope you have better luck than I did
                          > with your eyes.
                          >
                          > Edie

                          I'm still having vision problems and I've been off treatment for 3 years. Oh
                          well.
                          The ophthalmologist is stumped, too.