Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] question for all

  • Patricia Jean
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2002
      Fantastic you are still clear!!! Sux you have neuropathy.

      When I was on treatment, I took Neurontin for migraines. It didn't help me, but it's also used for neuropathy. I talked to a lady online in a Delphi Hep chatroom last nite who has the same problem as you, but she is on treatment still and is taking Neurontin for her neuropathy.

      I can't say this will work for you, but you can talk it over with your doc.

      I know a few heppers with those symptoms, so it's not that uncommon.

      Good luck!

      alley
      It's a blonde life, but somebody has to live it!

    • Mzgee1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2002
        Hi Claudine, yes, I've been on Neurontin twice. This new drug I just
        started (Bextra) is a cox 2 nhibitor. It is doing as well as the 2400mgs of
        Ibuprofen daily was doing. Nice to just take 1 pill!!!! I guess the nerve
        damage can be permanent...I guess it's just a wait and see. They think the
        damage (joints etc) is at the cellular level (whatever that means) Thanks
        for the input. luv, gee

      • Mzgee1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2002
          Thanks Alley...yea I've taken it twice...the bextra is a tleast doing as much
          good as the 2400 mgs of Ibuprofen did...so that has cut my pill taking way
          down. Maybe we can up it and try to get rid of the rest of the inflammation
          and joint pain etc. luv, gee