Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Liver Biopsy/Gene

  • GWhel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 48 , Aug 2, 2002
      In a message dated 8/2/2002 1:42:58 AM Central Daylight Time,
      claudineintexas@... writes:

      > Wow, they kept you overnight? I never heard of that before! My first
      > I was there 6 hours afterwards. Two hours on my side on the towel,
      > two hours on my back, then two hours where I could get up or
      > whatever. The second time I was only there about 3 hours - I think.
      >
      > Right now, going into the hospital and getting to stay overnight
      > (just for a biopsy) would be like a vacation for me! No cooking, no
      > dirty dishes.....

      Yes, Claudine....overnight. This was 01/96. May be different at the VA now,
      but they wouldn't even let me stand till 10:00 that night. My daughter was 9
      at the time, so I didn't like being away from home.

      To tell you the truth, I'd like to have another biopsy because the one from
      '96 only showed fibrosis. Now they say they're certain I have cirrhosis and
      that they don't want to take a chance on bleeding with a low platelet count.
      The only reason they think I have cirrhosis is that I have red palms. I'm not
      convinced and would rather believe I haven't progressed to cirrhosis yet. I'm
      hoping some of the damage is reversed now that I'm on peg-intron/rebetol.

      Your friend,
      Gene

    • w.m.landstra
      Message 48 of 48 , Jul 23, 2003
        Hi.Forgot to give my humble advise regarding treatment and your job.Don.t say anything to your boss,see how treatments goes first.Willem