Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Liver Biopsy

    Message 1 of 48 , Aug 2 12:03 AM
      Hi Deena....my biopsy was a breeze....they did an ultrasound guided
      biopsy, turned me on my side....froze me...I didn't feel the needle at
      all. No pain. The only downside is you have to lay on your right side
      for a few hours....for them to monitor that your liver isn't bleeding.
      I brought a book and a friend....it was a piece of cake.

      Carol

      GWhel@... wrote:

      > Deena,
      >
      > Doctor said my liver was posterior. So he ordered an ultrasound so the
      >
      > technician could mark an x on my side where the needle should go.
      >
      > The actual procedure went very quickly and painlessly.
      >
      > They required me to lay on my side for a certain number of hours. Told
      > me I
      > couldn't get out of bed till 10:00 pm. Released me the next morning
      > bright
      > and early. Having to stay in the VA overnight on a too-soft bunk was
      > the
      > worst part.
      >
      > Your biopsy should be a sinch.
      >
      > Your friend,
      > Gene
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      [Image]
      Click here to find your contact lenses!

    • w.m.landstra
      Message 48 of 48 , Jul 23, 2003
        Hi.Forgot to give my humble advise regarding treatment and your job.Don.t say anything to your boss,see how treatments goes first.Willem