Farewell my friends

    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 31, 2002
      It's time for me go. Life has become unbearable and I will not subject others to my depression and misery.

      You have all been wonderful friends and I want to thank you for being there for me through treatment even though I was a non responder and all I've gone through since finishing treatment. Without you, I don't know how I would have made it.

      Thank you everyone...you are such a great group of people and I hope you continue to help others.

      I wish you all well....if I survive this depression and find a job so I can maintain my home and my family, I'll be back.

      Blessings
      Tatezi
      Mitakuye Oaysin

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 31, 2002
        Dear Tatezi,
        You are not 'subjecting' us to anything. We are a support group,
        we are an 'HCV family', and that means in good times and bad. I'm not
        sure why you feel you need to leave us. You don't. I respect your
        feelings, but isolating yourself is not an answer. If you don't feel
        like 'talking', fine, but please stick around. You are a part of us.
        We need you too, so don't go too far.

        http://health.yahoo.com
      • Constance Dickson
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 31, 2002
          Tat I know what you are going thru because I am
          feeling the same way too. Please don't leave, I was
          wondering about you earlier today and feeling that my
          life was unbearable too. And why I keep fighting I am
          too tired anymore to fight. All I have done for the
          last 3 days is cry and can't stop, maybe we
          physicly(sp) linked in some way. Found out today that
          SSD does not come with Medicaid but SSI does. Have
          not found reason why. You have helped me a lot Tat
          and others too. So please don't go.
          Love, Connie

          http://health.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
            Please Tatezi....we are here for you. I know how a depression
            is....been there, and still sometimes are. But as Connie says....we
            need you....and you need us. I feel we are like a "family".....and
            Tats, that means you can yell and swear and kick at us and we'll
            understand. Connie, I didn't know you were feeling that miserable, will
            write to you personally.

            Tats, if Connie can hang in, so can you....please stay around....I'll
            miss you so much if you go....I just know that things will get better
            for you Tats.

            Hugggggggs
            Carol

            Constance Dickson wrote:

            > Tat I know what you are going thru because I am
            > feeling the same way too. Please don't leave, I was
            > wondering about you earlier today and feeling that my
            > life was unbearable too. And why I keep fighting I am
            > too tired anymore to fight. All I have done for the
            > last 3 days is cry and can't stop, maybe we
            > physicly(sp) linked in some way. Found out today that
            > SSD does not come with Medicaid but SSI does. Have
            > not found reason why. You have helped me a lot Tat
            > and others too. So please don't go.
            > Love, Connie
            >
            > --- Tatezi <tatezi@...> wrote:
            > > It's time for me go. Life has become unbearable and
            > > I will not subject others to my depression and
            > > misery.
            > >
            > > You have all been wonderful friends and I want to
            > > thank you for being there for me through treatment
            > > even though I was a non responder and all I've gone
            > > through since finishing treatment. Without you, I
            > > don't know how I would have made it.
            > >
            > > Thank you everyone...you are such a great group of
            > > people and I hope you continue to help others.
            > >
            > > I wish you all well....if I survive this depression
            > > and find a job so I can maintain my home and my
            > > family, I'll be back.
            > >
            > > Blessings
            > > Tatezi
            > > Mitakuye Oaysin

            > > removed]

            > http://health.yahoo.com
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            [Click here to visit our exclusive feature of ACUVUE2 Colours at LensExpress.com!]
            Click here to find your contact lenses!

          • DelValle, Louis
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
              Tatezi,

              Please do come back! You have been one of the mainstays of the
              group and we would all miss you terribly. As for your depression: There
              should be no "if" about surviving it. Twice in my life, I have almost
              "drowned" in bouts of serious, deep depression...yet, I'm still here and
              expect to be around for awhile longer. As for the "non-responder" aspect:
              I have been waiting for a more tolerable and effective treatment for my HEPC
              because there are so many trials ongoing, and increasing publicity among the
              general population, that I believe (have faith?) that one will soon be
              refined. I urge you, too, to be on the lookout for something like that. As
              for a job: I realize that all the talk about "the economy" being in bad
              shape can be disheartening; still, you are just looking for ONE job...and
              not hoping to affect the entire US economy. So, try to set your mind to
              landing something, even if it's having to settle for less than the ideal.

              I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, OK?

              Louie

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
                  Hang in there, Tat. Subject me to all the depression and misery you can
                  muster. We can all take it. I've always enjoyed your posts and want to
                  continue to hear your perspectives. Stick with us. Though it may be covered
                  right now, there is meaning in your life.

                  Your friend,
                  Gene
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
                    Dear tatezi:
                    Honey, I just went through a trip to the E.R. and ICU with an esophageal
                    bleed out. You will get over this depression. We love you and need
                    you.........
                    Love,
                    Anne
                  • Anuci
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
                      Tatezi,
                      You have helped me out so much since I have joined.
                      I don't know what I would have done without your information.
                      Take care of yourself and don't go too far from the group.
                      Keep in touch,
                      Jill
                      Michigan

                    • Constance Dickson
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
                        Anne when did this happen? Scary! What happened? I
                        think all of us are going thru a rough time right now.
                        Wonder whats up with it. Haven't seen Alley lately
                        on here either.
                        Connie

                        --- AVansi7465@... wrote:
                        > Dear tatezi:
                        > Honey, I just went through a trip to the E.R. and
                        > ICU with an esophageal
                        > bleed out. You will get over this depression. We
                        > love you and need
                        > you.........
                        > Love,
                        > Anne

                        http://health.yahoo.com
                      • Edie
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
                          Tatezi, did you loose your job? What's up??

                          Edie

                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
                            No she has a job still but is being treated mean I
                            know what she means cause I went through same crap
                            with my former Government job, you wouldn't think
                            professional people would act the way they have, Live
                            and Learn. She has unsubscribed from the list and is
                            retreating from life they have made her feel so bad.
                            She can't sleep she is so stressed out. I am going to
                            send her some type of meds(as much as I can, money is
                            the issue in how much I can send I have to pay full
                            price for them plus $75 for Dr visit.), that might
                            help her get through this. I too am going thru sleep
                            deprivation and feelings of hopelessnes. Wish me luck
                            in getting some stuff to her and us getting Tat back.
                            Connie

                            --- Edie <erodriguez7@...> wrote:
                            > Tatezi, did you loose your job? What's up??
                            >
                            > Edie

                            http://health.yahoo.com
                          • Suzy Balone
                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 6, 2002
                              Connie,
                              Thanks fo r the update on Tat, but hang in there with your sleeplessness
                              and hopelessness, what else is going on I know sleep deprivation can
                              really wreck a persons life. If you need anything let us know, you
                              certainly have had a rough time of life here lately
                              Take Care
                              Suzy
                              Tell Tat I will be praying for her and not to get too stressed out,, sounds
                              horrible, she finds a job then gets treated like crap

                              Message 14 of 14 , Aug 12, 2002
                                In a message dated 8/1/2002 5:11:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                                constance_clearwater_florida@... writes:

                                > Anne when did this happen? Scary! What happened? I
                                > think all of us are going thru a rough time right now.
                                > Wonder whats up with it. Haven't seen Alley lately
                                > on here either.
                                > Connie

                                Sorry I've been out of touch. Had a rematch with the G.I. doc, we won. This
                                happened on July 8th. I had been more nauseated than usual and woke up that
                                morning headed for the bathroom. I wretched without turning on the list (I
                                know where the commode is :-). Went back to bed. got back up about 15
                                minutes later. By that time, the sunlight was bright enough that I could see
                                what I was throwing up. David called 911 and the ambulance came and took me
                                to NMC-Ports VA. I spent one day and night in ICU. The worst part about
                                that was that you couldn't get any rest. They released me and I spent
                                another two days trying to keep food down and get it out before they released
                                me. A week later I had a temp of 104.4-a reaction to the two units of blood
                                they had to pump into me (wonder what was in that?) I seem to be getting
                                better. All in all, it was a most unpleasant experience, but I'm much better
                                now.
                                Thanks for asking,