Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Pamela Anderson

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2002
      As Alley says "it's a blonde's life, but someone has to live it" or
      something like that, I'm doing this from "memory" and you know how our
      memory is LOL.

      Carol

      mscue40@... wrote:

      > Hi You all,
      > Thanks for the laughs!
      > I see I am not alone on my feelings concerning Dear Pamela.
      > Donna

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Patricia Jean
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2002
        lol.. hey! I resemble that remark!!

        I'm behind in emails, sorry if I haven't responded much lately. hugs to you all

        alley
        It's a blonde life, but somebody has to live it!

      • runabout_104
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2002
          Hi-Hope everyone is well. I read the transcript of Pamela Anderson
          and hv read the various comments made regarding her ignorance,
          flighty attitude about the disease, etc. When I first heard that she
          had it and went public, I thought, well, at least she admitted to
          hving it. I remember how ignorant I ws about the disease when I ws
          first diagnosed almost 2 years ago and I look now @ how much I hv
          learned thanks to this support group and my endless search on the
          net.We hv to rem she didn't ask for this disease any more than any of
          us did and she certainly didn't ask to be a spokesperson for it. She
          is a celebrity and she is talking and we can only hope she will get
          educated for her sake and then maybe she can move to the next step
          and use her popularity to educate others. Let's try and give her a
          break as she hs a lot to learn just like we all did when we were
          first diagnosed.
          cher
        • GWhel@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 31, 2002
            The morning after Pamela Anderson's interview with Larry King, one of our
            stylists came to work and said her husband had "seen the interview with
            Pamela Anderson about her Hepatitis C."

            Knowing her husband, I figured he was probably just watching because it was
            Pamela Anderson, but I was impressed he mentioned the HCV part. I'll bet he
            never even heard of it before.

            I was unimpressed with Naomi Judd when I heard her say one time that she
            wasn't allowed to talk about HCV on the Letterman or Leno show because they
            thought it was too much of a downer. Cripps......

            Let them say that to Pamela Anderson. I really don't think it will stop her.
            Since I first heard she tested positive, I've been optimistic she'll help get
            the word around. We definately need more people talking about it.

            I talk it up at our salon all the time. I'm trusting that no one will ever go
            to the health department and try to get me to stop working on patrons unless
            I wear gloves. Imagine trying to give a haircut with gloves on. lol... But I
            like to spread the word. And I try to make sure my clients who are Nam vets
            and are married to vets go in to get tested. I noticed last week that one of
            my clients has red palms like I do and suggested she get tested. You never
            know.

            Go Pamela......

            Your friend,
            Gene