strange question

  • Anuci
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 7, 2002
      HI,
      Just me again... lol
      In lab tests what does HBeAg stand for?
      I am going through my lab reports from 95 when they found I had CMV. You wouldn't believe the levels of ALT's and AST's!!!
      Thanks,
      Jill

    • Patricia Jean
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 7, 2002
        I think it's the e antigen for HBV.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 7, 2002
          You're good Alley....I bet you're right. I looked for it in labs on various sites but didn't find it. But now that you mention it...... <g>

          Wonder if Claudine is still fighting the floods that we haven't heard from her...
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 7, 2002
            Hepatitis B virus (HBV) markers and their significance

            HBsAg patient is infected with the virus
            anti-HBs (surface antibody) patient is immune (from natural infection or vaccine)
            HBeAg active viral replication, ongoing liver disease (usually), patient is highly infectious
            anti-HBe
            (in the presence of HBsAg) viral replication is reduced, inactive liver disease (usually),
            less infectious than if HBeAg were positive (rarely, anti-HBe may be associated with active viral replication)
            HBV DNA active viral replication, ongoing liver disease (usually),
            patient is highly infectious
            HBcAg never detectable in the serum
            anti-HBc (core antibody) patient has been in contact with HBV and may or may not still be infected
            IgM anti-HBc signifies recent (within six months) infection with HBV

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 7, 2002
              Cheers for Alley!!!!

              Take a bow now <g>
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 7, 2002
                yippee for me lol. Hep B is a little more complicated than Hep C, at least for me, cuz there are different things to look at. And being a hepper, I often have trubble keeping em all straight lol.

                I have hep b, but e antigen and s antigen negative. Which pretty much means I'm not active nor contagious (if I understand it properly).

                Now I wish I could say that about my Hep C!

                alley

              • Anuci
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 8, 2002
                  Wow! Thanks!
                  That is a lot of information!
                  Jill

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 30, 2005
                    Does anyone know of grants or scholarships that are available to help
                    your kid out when they go to college? After a year of treatment, money
                    is tight and we are trying to get our oldest into college next year. I
                    am looking anywhere to try to get some money to help. Has anyone ever
                    heard of anything?
                    <><TammieD><>
                  • Mzgee1@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 1, 2005
                      Hi Tammie...yes...we have 1 in college and another going next year. You MUST
                      apply first for FAFSA...that's the fed's financila aid thingy....they will
                      either give u some help or nothing. That can be done online...jsut make sure to
                      ahve ur tax info handy & Social Sec. #'s. You will first be asked to get an
                      ID....after getting the ID # for your child, you can then proceed to do the
                      form...about 15 pages or so, maybe anhour of ur time. Getting the ID takes a
                      few days - a week to get..that's also done online at FAFSA. Last year they gave
                      us nothing..this year, however, with 2 being in college 2205/2006 they gave
                      us 4,000 for 1 and 3,000 for the other.....so that helps some. After u either
                      get $$$ or not from them, u can then apply for student loans, which are done
                      thru the school itself. Not a big deal, but alot of phone calls and online
                      stuff. But u really should do ALL of that ASAP. You will not be able to apply
                      for Student Loans unless u have done the FAFSA. Most schools have a few banks
                      and also the Federal Student Loan. The easiest is to go thru the Feds on that
                      one too. Good luck. Haven't participated in the emails in a long time but
                      still get them and read them so if there's anything else u want to ask just
                      email..Gail