Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Decision

  • Constance Dickson
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 2, 2002
      LOL...how much is rent there?
      --- Patricia Jean <patriciajean@...> wrote:
      > DALLAS! :)

      did you ever get the Dennis Leary thing?

      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 2, 2002
        I don't have any Dr's except for the pain management
        guy
        --- AVansi7465@... wrote:
        > Daylight Time,
        > constance_clearwater_florida@... writes:
        >

        > > I have made a decision. Court with SS will be
        > over so
        > > can move where I want. I do not know where yet,
        > it
        > > would be nice if I had a lump sum coming from SS
        > if it
        > > goes in my favor, but I am not but thats not going
        > > stop me. Next LTD check I am not paying the rent
        > here
        > > and I am going to disapear off the face of earth
        > as
        > > far as they are concerned. So wish me luck.....
        > :-)
        > >

        > Good luck. But does this mean you have to change
        > docs etc?
        > Anne

        > removed]

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • Constance Dickson
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 2, 2002
          Do you all think I should do shot and meds? Just
          carry on like there is no problem?
          Take Care, Connie

          http://sbc.yahoo.com
        • Patricia Jean
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 2, 2002
            Well I think it's rather expensive here, but i'm not sure how it is all over the country. You know I just have such a hard time believing how high rents are. One good thing is that our house payment that I thot was exorbitant is now pretty cheap lol. I don't know about the whole country, which are the less expensive to live. I just thot having you in the Dallas area would be fun :)

            alley

          • Constance Dickson
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 2, 2002
              Me too :-). How far is Corpus Christi my Dads brother
              lives there?

              http://sbc.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 2, 2002
                Connie, I don't blame you for wanting to get away from your ungrateful
                brats, pardon my expression, but your daughter leaves a lot to be
                desired in the humanity sense. Please get this condition taken care of
                FIRST.

                Hugggggs
                Carol

                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 2, 2002
                  Chicago is expensive and getting worse with all the Yuppies moving in and building all their condos. San Francisco and NY are the most expensive places to live and I don't know about any where else. But you should consider being close to a teaching college so you could use them for medical care

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 2, 2002
                    Connie...

                    I agree with Carol and first things first...you have to get this peridontitis taken care of now....no matter what it takes. Threaten law suits and call an ambulance chaser lawyer or what ever you call when it has to do with hospitals. Camp out in the emergency room....force them to give you the medical care you need right now!!!

                    Then...there are people from all over the country on this list and everyone can let you know what the rents are in certain areas. But first you have to take care of this situation!

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 2, 2002
                      --- Constance Dickson <constance_clearwater_florida@...> wrote:
                      > Me too :-). How far is Corpus Christi my Dads brother
                      > lives there?

                      It's a long way from Dallas, but only a couple of hours from San
                      Antonio. And the cost of living is pretty cheap in SA, and a fairly
                      good public health system. Also, a large teaching hospital with one
                      of the top ER's in the country. I don't live in SA, just south of
                      there and in a different county (you need to live in Bexar county to
                      get those medical benefits) but you could stay with me until you get
                      settled. And, in an emergency, they still can't turn you away, no
                      matter where you live. Also, I think to qualify for Medicaid here the
                      income level is about 1600 per month - at least that is what they
                      told my grandmother who is on medicare. I don't know if her age
                      changes the income qualification, or if they were only talking about
                      qualifying for Medicaid-paid nursing home care. And you can't have
                      more than $2000.00 cash or a vehicle worth more than (I think)
                      $4000.00. You really DO need to go somewhere else where you can get
                      the health care you need. Try not to let your kids upset you too
                      much. It is their age - they can't see much beyond themselves. They
                      ARE old enough to be on their own though, so if they are living with
                      you and aren't pitching in and helping it may be time to urge them
                      out of the nest. In the mean time, I think you need to go back to the
                      ER and demand proper treatment. Most all hospital receive some
                      Federal money, meaning they MUST except emergencies including from
                      those who can't pay. Not to mention the ethics involved. Peritonitis
                      is a medical emergency. Maybe a call to a local TV station informing
                      them that emergencies are being turned away and sent home would help?
                      Good luck - and I do have a spare room since my step-son moved out!

                      http://sbc.yahoo.com
                    • Patricia Jean
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 2, 2002
                        I do know daughter got a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment for $700. Course she gets assistance so it's not how much she pays. I still think $700 is way too much. There are cheaper places, just have to look around.

                        alley

                      • Patricia Jean
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 2, 2002
                          You know something I've learned. When I go to ER for something, I don't leave until I feel better. I do this with migraines, cuz they'd just shove me out the door after giving me a shot, but sometimes those shots don't work and it's too painful to have to come back. If they don't fix your problem, don't leave! It works.

                          alley

                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 3, 2002
                            Hey Claudine....I remember now watching a show called "trauma, life and
                            death in the ER" I don't know if you get it or not....every week they
                            spend an hour showing real life situations in the ER. And now I
                            remember that they showed the hospital in San Antonio....and YES, they
                            do treat anyone who hasn't got medical insurance. They were treating a
                            mexican who snuck across the border, only to be hit by a train. I do
                            remember them saying that they can't turn anyone down with no insurance
                            for any valid medical condition.

                            Connie, remember that....knowledge is power. Tell the jerks at the
                            hospital that you know your rights and if they refuse to treat
                            you....tell them they can talk to your lawyer....and proceed to the
                            nearest phone booth and call. I betcha you'd have a free lawyer there
                            in ohhh about 15 mins. This could turn into a big lawsuit!

                            Hugggs
                            Carol

                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 3, 2002
                              Alley....here in the suburbs of Vancouver (which has the highest cost of
                              living) I am paying $700 a month for a 2 bedroom basement suite. Which
                              has a leak from the shower upstairs. Looking for a different place but
                              rents are skyhigh....so am now looking into buying into a subsidized
                              co-op. The price of rents here, it's no wonder there are so many
                              homeless people....just breaks my heart.

                              Carol

                              Patricia Jean wrote:

                              > I do know daughter got a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment for $700. Course
                              > she gets assistance so it's not how much she pays. I still think $700
                              > is way too much. There are cheaper places, just have to look around.
                              >
                              > alley

                              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                              [Click Here!]

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 3, 2002
                                Yes, University Hospital in San Antonio is a federally and locally
                                funded teaching hospital, they have an excellent ER, and yes, they
                                treat illegal aliens with no money or insurance every day. They MUST
                                treat anyone, reguardless of income or where you live. However, if
                                you live within Bexar County there are more health care options and
                                more flexibility with payment, and you can be eligible for care of
                                non-emergency things. You can be seen at clinics, make appointments
                                with doctors within the county health care system, etc., at no or low
                                cost, depending on your financial circumstances. If you don't live
                                within the county you can get basically the same care, but must have
                                money in hand when you show up for an appointment or test! Only the
                                ER is required to see anyone who shows up there, money or not.
                                Claudine

                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 11, 2002
                                  WOW thanks Claudine I just saw this. I will write you
                                  more tomorrow I am fighting sleep very badly right now
                                  Luv Ya
                                  --- claudine intexas <claudineintexas@...>

                                  http://sbc.yahoo.com