an update

  • runabout_104
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2002
      Hi everyone-For those of u that rem me, I think i posted awhile back
      that i had reached the 600 on the viral load and that led me to be on
      treatment for another 6 months, which I really wanted to do because
      of the cirochiss. Finally got the insurance to approve another 6 mo
      of treatment. Unbelieveaby, the nurse @ my dr.'s office said they are
      hving patients get diagnosed, biopsy, (these r people with ins) and
      then when they find out how much hassel (not just the waiting for the
      number to come up to be able to take the meds) that people are saying
      to heck with it and going on and living with the disease instead of
      trying to do anything about it. It is frustrating as I hv ins (for
      once in my life) and i know the hassel I hv had getting the insurance
      to approve and the waiting, and getting caught up between the dr's
      office, pharmacy and insurance. I ws in the middle and getting no
      help yet I am sure paying high premiums for the ins. Anyway, people
      here are saying they r not going to fool with it because of the
      hassel. I am not saying this to discourage anyone but u wd think
      things cd be more together with the ins co and drs and pharmacists.
      Anyway, a little over a week ago, i got another more sensitive test
      and am now waiting the results. This test is suppose to tell what
      number my viral load is from #5 to 600. Oh, it would be wonderful if
      i ws a 5!!! Dr. still hs me on only 4 rebetols a day and am on a
      reduced dose because of wbc wants to fall again after it gets up in
      the 3's then it wants to come down to like 1.8 -that is the reason
      for the reduced dose and even though no one hs said anything i hv
      lost weight also so perhaps the reduced dose is better. So just
      thought i wd post the update as it hs been awhile. I hv a couple of
      questions that i will post shortly. thanks--cheri
    • tammster62
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 15, 2005
        I just thought that I would let everyone know that (surprise, surprise)
        the Cobra insurance got on the stick and I am able to get my meds with
        no problems :O
        I am amazed that it will be ok. This will be the last time that I have
        to order, so I will not have to fight with them again (woohoo).
        Thanks for all of the advice in my "panic" time. You are a great bunch
        of people.
        <><Tammie><>
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 15, 2005
          In a message dated 4/15/2005 3:29:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          t1d1r1d1@... writes:

          I just thought that I would let everyone know that (surprise, surprise)
          the Cobra insurance got on the stick and I am able to get my meds with
          no problems :O
          I am amazed that it will be ok. This will be the last time that I have
          to order, so I will not have to fight with them again (woohoo).
          Thanks for all of the advice in my "panic" time. You are a great bunch
          of people.

          Congratulations, Tammie. That is wonderful news! Hippa has it's problems,
          but it is certainly preferable to what we had (which was nothing) before.

        • Shshonee (Alley)
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 16, 2005
            Fantastic Tammie! :)