Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Heppers United Prayer Group

    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 27, 2002
      Guess I should have apologized to every one for getting on my soapbox that day...I do that sometimes and most of you just ignore me when I do, which is fine. I didn't mean to offend and believe that I said that prior to climbing up on my soapbox. Darn, it's tough being humyn sometimes....

      I stayed out of the resulting emails from Grace because I did't want to aggravate the situation although I did send Willem a note telling him I thought he had handled it very appropriately.

      Prayer is very important whether it is a prayer to a god or just sending energy to a person. It is a way of of helping someone by adding your strength to their strength...your energies to their energies. I believe very much in the power of helping one another be it through prayer or the sending of engergies...which to me are the same.

      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 27, 2002
        HI William

        Don't give this episode a second thought.....your email was totally
        appropriate, perhaps Grace isn't ready to hear about everything that
        goes along with HCV. This is a free country....you can say what you
        want....if she doesn't agree, it's her perogative to leave the
        forum....I sure wouldn't worry any about it.

        Huggggs
        Carol

      • Constance Dickson
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 1, 2002
          RIGHT ON YOU GUYS. I am leaving and going back to the
          ER. Hey, I am willing to have people pray for me to
          get better and for the pain to stop. Or you can wish
          me luck. My right leg is numb now, I figure is from
          the swelling pinching nerves can't sit upright without
          my left leg going numb also. When I am laying down
          the left leg is ok. I have a temp of 102.8. I am
          going to Houston (pronounced how ston) Memorial ER. I
          will let you know when I can about what happens.
          Love, Connie

          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 1, 2002
            ok connie, let us know.

            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 1, 2002
              Connie dear, I will be both praying for you and wishing you good luck.
              I'm glad to hear you're heading for a hospital....just hope they do all
              the right things for you.

              Hugggggs
              Carol

            • Constance Dickson
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 2, 2002
                Thank You Carol,
                Well I went and had a good Dr. He tried to drain my
                abdomen said it was Ascites and Perionitis. He could
                not get the fluid out he tried 5-6 times with
                different needles. He was going to put me in the
                hospital and keep me on IV's for antibiotic. The
                change of shift a new Dr came on and was changed to me
                seeing a Dr this morning about it. He was upset I
                could tell when he told me. I feel it was probably
                the fact that I am pennyless and not insured. I
                called the other referral Dr this morning and was tod
                being a new patient it would cost me $100 and
                something up front to see him. I said well I guess
                you can't help me any then and the one whoever
                answered the phone there said no. My kids don't seem
                to care at all. All I am to them is someone to get
                money or whatever they want from. Now that I am broke
                they don't give me the time of day. I wanted to go to
                the ER sunday, I was too shakey to drive and my
                daughter was just to busy getting her hair done and
                having a good time. It really hurts that I am nothing
                to be at the least concerned about. My daughter knows
                my mom died from perionitis and when I told her what
                the good Dr said she looked at me and said...." So you
                have perionitis now, like a smart ass. I told her yes
                and that if she had been where most daughters would be
                you would have heard it from the Dr, too. She was
                bitching about the bills and I looked at her and told
                her what do you have to bitch about you won't even buy
                a roll of toilet paper.
                I guess one good thing came from the Dr trying to
                aspirate the fluid out is that it is draining a bit.
                I could tell he was upset when he came in and told me
                the decision that was made to not hospitalize me and
                for me to see that Dr that the other Dr referred me
                too. He knew I was broke and had no insurance, he
                apologized to me for the change. Told me to continue
                with the pain Dr which I told him I was unable to do
                that this month and probably the months ahead. I am
                just so tired of this. Hugs back to you. I just want
                to disappear.
                Take Care, Connie
                --- Carol <csean@...> wrote:
                > Connie dear, I will be both praying for you and
                > wishing you good luck.
                > I'm glad to hear you're heading for a
                > hospital....just hope they do all
                > the right things for you.
                >
                > Hugggggs
                > Carol

                http://sbc.yahoo.com
              • Constance Dickson
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 2, 2002
[...]
                  apologized to me for the change. He did write a script
                  for 12 10mg Lortabs to help me. Told me to continue
                  --- Carol <csean@...> wrote:
                  > Connie dear, I will be both praying for you and
                  > wishing you good luck.
                  > I'm glad to hear you're heading for a
                  > hospital....just hope they do all
                  > the right things for you.
                  >
                  > Hugggggs
                  > Carol

                  http://sbc.yahoo.com
                • willem landstra
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 2, 2002
                    HI.It.s absolutely unbelievable.Whis you were here,that little cheese and tulip country of mine would fix you up without hasling about money.If things really get worse let us know.We claim to be a big family,let prove it.I whis you luck.Let us know.William.

                    http://sbc.yahoo.com

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 2, 2002
                      Willem....I keep telling you that the Netherlands is the most civilized country in the world...

                      It's hard to believe in a county like the US that people have to go without required medical care, isn't it?

                      Liefs
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 2, 2002
                        Good Lord, I don't believe this Connie.....are you saying you have
                        peritonitis and the hospitals won't do anything? That is a
                        life-threatning situation....my Mom had it once and they performed
                        surgery immediately. You have to get to a hospital....I can't
                        understand that they will just let someone die cuz they don't have the
                        money? This is absolutely ridiculous. I don't know what to say....I am
                        too stunned. I will write back after I think this over.

                        Huggggggs
                        Carol

                      • Patricia Jean
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 2, 2002
                          maybe we need the hospital name and addy and write them a nasty little letter.

                        • Suzy Balone
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 3, 2002
                            Connie,
                            Blessings and prayers for you on this end also, what a tragedy to be treated
                            like this in such a wonderful country such as ours, those doctors are asking
                            for trouble.
                            Suzy

                          • runabout_104
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 6, 2002
                              --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@y..., Carol <csean@s...> wrote:
> [...]
                              > > I could tell he was upset when he came in and told me
                              > > the decision that was made to not hospitalize me and
                              > > for me to see that Dr that the other Dr referred me
                              > > too. He knew I was broke and had no insurance, he
                              > > apologized to me for the change. Told me to continue
                              > > with the pain Dr which I told him I was unable to do
                              > > that this month and probably the months ahead. I am
                              > > just so tired of this. Hugs back to you. I just want
                              > > to disappear.
                              > > Take Care, Connie
                              > > --- Carol <csean@s...> wrote:
                              > > > Connie dear, I will be both praying for you and
                              > > > wishing you good luck.
                              > > > I'm glad to hear you're heading for a
                              > > > hospital....just hope they do all
                              > > > the right things for you.
                              > > >
                              > > > Hugggggs
                              > > > Carol
                              > >
                              > >Wow, sorry to hear all this....things hv GOT to start looking up
                              soon. Will keep you in my prayers!
                              cher
                              > > Sign up for SBC Yahoo! Dial - First Month Free
                              > > http://sbc.yahoo.com
                              > >
                              > > Welcome to GIHepWorld
                              > >
                              > > Post message: GIWorld-Hepatitis@y...
                              > > Subscribe: GIWorld-Hepatitis-subscribe@y...

                              Service.

                            • Constance Dickson
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 11, 2002
                                I have always been under the impression that
                                Perionitis is life threatening. The Dr who did the
                                surgery just does not want to own up to his botched
                                surgery
                                Thanks, Connie

                                http://sbc.yahoo.com