Biopsy scales

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2002
      Hi everyone...

      This is probably a doc question but someone else might know the answer.
      I sent my biopsy slides to a university for evaluation for a study on
      long term Peg maintenance study for non responders. She wrote back and I
      qualified...their pathologist said my biopsy was an Ishak 3. I don't
      know Ishak. Is this a new standard for evaluating biopsies?

      An interesting thing to me is that the pathologists report at the
      hospital where the biopsy was done said I had considerably less liver
      damage than this Ishak 3 indicates because when I first sent the biopsy
      reports, I didn't have enough liver damage to qualify...according to the
      biopsy report. But when the university this study read the slides, I had
      higher liver damage than the report indicated.

      Hmmm..the hospital that did the biopsy originally has recently lost
      several big mis-diagnosis cases in the courts. Makes one wonder, doesn't
      it. And it was Northwestern University...a pretty big hospital. One of
      the cases they lost was a womyn that was in the hospital following a
      fall with a severe headache which they diagnosed as a migraine and
      released her...two days later she was dead from a brain anuerism (sp?).
      I'm sure glad that I couldn't deal with the doctor god there and went to
      a different doctor and hospital where I was treated like a humyn with a
      brain and not a sheep that believed MD stood for major diety.

      So anyway, my question is what is this Ishak scale they used to evaluate
      my biopsy slides?

      Blessings

      "It is in the shelter of each other that the people live." ~Irish
      proverb~