Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Willem

    Message 1 of 22 , May 24, 2002
      I agree with not taking things to the extreme...we do need to enjoy our
      lives. But I am careful not to eat things that are particularly hard on
      the liver and I try aromatherapy, meditation, deep breathing, etc.
      before I start popping pills for things like headaches, aches, etc. I
      have considerable liver damage although I don't have cirhossis and I'd
      just as soon as not push my liver to further damage...I do enjoy life
      and there are so many things I still want to do...like having Willem
      marry me in name only so I can immigrate to Holland <g>

      Tatezi <who wants so badly to live in Holland where humyns are treated
      with respect and dignity>

      --
      "It is in the shelter of each other that the people live." ~Irish
      proverb~

    • AlleyPat
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 22, 2002
        Hey, I'm comin to Holland! I'll be traveling there the first 2 weeks of Feb while the flight is cheap. Would love to meet you!

        Alley

        "If you want to be a hero knight, never look directly into the mirror, lest you see that tin pot on your head instead of a glorious plumed helmet!"

        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 22, 2002
          Hey, I'm jealous <g>

          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 22, 2002
            Hey, I'm waiting for the cat fight. LOL.

            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 23, 2002
              LOL...no cat fights here.... Willem, you wouldn't dare, would you????? <g> I've been collecting feathers for my cape....
              Hey, I'm waiting for the cat fight. LOL.

              Hey, I'm comin to Holland! I'll be traveling there the first 2 weeks of Feb while the flight is cheap. Would love to meet you!

              Alley

              "If you want to be a hero knight, never look directly into the mirror, lest you see that tin pot on your head instead of a glorious plumed helmet!"

            • willem landstra
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 23, 2002
                Hi.Ok like to meet you 2,instead of a electronic person I become a person of flesh and blood but don.t take that literally.Tat is jealous and Carol thinks there.s going to be a cat-fight but when I look into the mirror I don.t see a Knight riding a white stallion but a Hepper in drag,it takes all kinds to make a world,but Tat wearing a costume made from chicken feathers does.nt look very attractive either.Instead of marrying her in a barn I would like to get her over here and Caroll too to get the treatment they deserve.I believe you hve friends in Holland,give them my phonenumber,020-6680020.Nog een prettige dag verder,Willem.

                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 23, 2002
                  Willem,

                  When you look in the mirror behind that hepper in drag is a sensitive, caring and very special person. I don't have to see you in flesh to know that.

                  And besides, my cape will not be chicken feathers....Crow has been donating some feathers and of course my pigeon friends have been donating to the collection. Sure I know most city people think of pigeon as a rat with wings, but I have a flock of about 30 that I feed and keep a heated birdbath for on my city back porch and they are fairly intelligent and I've found them to be nice critters. They also have lessons to teach us being the survivors that they are. Actually, I've never met a critter I didn't like. So don't you worry any about how my cape will look...it willl be a gift from the Creator and will be gorgeous!

                  And besides....I'm an old hepper too, but it doesn't run my life!

                  Liefs

                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 25, 2002
                    Thanks Willem! I'll let you know when I firm up the reservations and all is set! I've never been out of my country before!

                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 25, 2002
                        No snow in my area! Some of the countryside got snow blowing in the air, but nothing sticks here. Our grass is still green and the sun is shining today and it's quite nice if chilly.

                        I will have to buy more winter clothes for Holland! Shopping spree! :)

                        Thanks Willem

                        Message 11 of 22 , Jul 1, 2003
                          Thanks Willem...yep, you're saved from having to see me....and Francina (my twinnie in spirit) won't have me puking at her house in Holland either ;-)

                          I never forgot your offer to get me the meds Willem....that was so super nice of you. I sure hope in one years time I will be clear.....but even if I'm not, I'll know I gave it my best shot (no pun intended)....lol.

                          Huggggs
                          Message 12 of 22 , Feb 13, 2004
                            Willem, How many and which treatments did you go through before your virus
                            became undetectable? (Also, what genotype are you?) My husband, Philip,
                            has 1a genotypeand has gone through 2 treatments, regular interferon with
                            riboviron & Schering peg interferon & riboviron. His doctor seems has said
                            that it is not worth his going on the other peg interferon with riboviron (I
                            can't remember the brand name right now) because if he didn't respond to the
                            Schering it's unlikely he'll respond to the other. His viral load was
                            temporarily reduced by both treatments but it did not become undetectable.
                            Any feedback is welcome. Thanks,

                            Love & blessings,

                            Pamela Venus

                            Love is all there is

                            Peace is all there is

                            Joy is all there is

                            Om Shanti Shanti Shanti Om

                          • w.m.landstra

                              Message 14 of 22 , Feb 13, 2004
                                Pamela, I'm just thinking out loud here...

                                consider also his liver biopsy. The virus is a fairly slow moving thing. It probably won't hurt to take some time and let him recoup between treatments too. I know some people hit it hard and fast and keep on hitting it with treatment until it's either gone or they've taken all they can take, esp people with cirrhosis. Some, who have very little liver damage, take a lighter approach, knowing that they have more time, that better things and hopefully easier treatments are in the future (tho there's no promise haha). Some with little damage decide never to treat, the hep not always as harmful as the treatment might be.

                                I felt quite honored recently to be referred by my shrink to another of her patient who has hep c. She has mild to moderate liver damage, geno 1a and is on her 2nd treatment but is having a much worse time on the peg and her gastro isn't helping her with sides. We never respond the same way twice and our body isn't the same as before. So certainly waiting a bit wouldn't be a bad thing I think for your husband.

                                I agree with Willem that Roche seems to have better stats for geno 1's, however they are still around 50% or less in the SVR, regardless of brand. If he never went undetected on either treatment, then perhaps he never will. It's just difficult to predict. I went undetectable very fast on regular treatment (I'm geno 1b) but relapsed quickly. So go figure lol.

                                I think the B in geno 1b is for Butthead stubborn!

                              • jtwagers7@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 22 , Feb 14, 2004
                                  Good morning everyone. I have reached the point in my "thinking" (having
                                  adjusted somewhat to the diagnosis, knowing that I'm grade 3 / stage 2,
                                  knowing I've probably been carrying this virus for over 27years, feeling relatively
                                  OK at this point) that I am now considering NOT doing the treatment. I was
                                  (on diagnosis 8 months ago) extremely eager to treat and be rid of this
                                  virus (scared to death actually). I was a candidate for treatment, I was
                                  begun in October 2003, (Pegasys / Copegus by Roche), during the second week
                                  I had what docs called a "rather dramatic drop in wbcs and platelets: (not
                                  low enough for boosters though), I had to come off treatment temporarily to
                                  treat an underlying periodontal disease, I am "all fixed up" as far as my mouth
                                  is concerned (at a HIGH price), I am still considered a candidate for Hep C
                                  treatment (now that my peridontal disease is under control), but I honestly
                                  am at the point that I don't know if I want to ever try Hep C treatment again
                                  (pegylated inteferon / ribavirin by either Schering Plough OR by Roche!)
                                  LOL.

                                  I have ALWAYS (since diagnosis) heard the statement "most people with
                                  Hep C don't die FROM it -- they die WITH it". I've also read about all the
                                  side effects from treatment. (they can be really bad for some). I've also
                                  read that women with HCV tend to do better with this chronic virus than men
                                  do.

                                  I'm female, I don't drink alcohol; I'm almost 45 yrs old; from what I've
                                  heard -- even if the treatment gets rid of the virus -- it doesn't necessarily
                                  mean I will FEEL any better, so............ LOL. What the HECK does one do.

                                  Decisions decisions. lol. I'm still undecided and can surely sympathize
                                  with any and all who have HCV and with those who are undecided about
                                  treatment.

                                  Best of luck to all.

                                  Julie

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Feb 14, 2004
                                    Hi Julie,
                                    I know it's hard to make a decision to do something that you
                                    know is going to make you feel really lousy. I'm sure no one enjoys
                                    going on treatment! Just to point out the other side of the coin
                                    though.....

                                    > , knowing that I'm grade 3 /
                                    > stage 2,

                                    Grade three means a lot of inflammation is going on, and that is what
                                    leads to the fibrosis, and you are already stage 2!

                                    > knowing I've probably been carrying this virus for over 27years,

                                    Progression of the disease is probably not linear, from what most
                                    studies on the progression of HCV have seen. It may have taken you 20
                                    years to get from no fibrosis to stage 1, but only 7 years to go from
                                    stage 1 to stage 2. There is no way to really know. However, it is
                                    not safe to assume that if it took 27 years to get to stage 2, it may
                                    be another 27 years before you advance to cirrhosis (stage 4). You
                                    really don't want to get to that point, no matter how many years it
                                    takes!

                                    > I have ALWAYS (since diagnosis) heard the statement "most
                                    > people with
                                    > Hep C don't die FROM it -- they die WITH it".

                                    That is definitely true. Some people have very little inflammation
                                    going on, and may never develop any fibrosis. However, your biopsy
                                    showed that you do have damage occurring.

                                    I've also read
                                    > about all the
                                    > side effects from treatment. (they can be really bad for some).

                                    True. It's no fun, and not risk free. Luckily, side effects almost
                                    always (but no guarantees!) go away when you finish treatment.

                                    > I've also
                                    > read that women with HCV tend to do better with this chronic virus
                                    > than men
                                    > do.

                                    They usually do, up until about menopause. Then there is about equal
                                    odds for men and women.

                                    > I've
                                    > heard -- even if the treatment gets rid of the virus -- it doesn't
                                    > necessarily
                                    > mean I will FEEL any better, so............

                                    That really depends on WHY you are feeling bad. You may not feel any
                                    better, but then again, you may feel great if you respond to
                                    treatment. Unfortunately, there is just no way to know for sure in
                                    advance.

                                    > LOL. What the HECK
                                    > does one do.

                                    It's a tough decision, no doubt about it. Good luck!

                                    http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Feb 24, 2004
                                      Hi Willem

                                      I think M. Jackson would try to auction it off to raise money for his "defense". Let's hope he doesn't succeed. I think he's as guilty as sin....but that's just my judgement.
                                      Hugggs to you and the hail and rain in Holland
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Mar 3, 2004
                                        Awww Willem, that was such a sweet thing to say (((((hugs)))).
                                        Gail, I love that old curse LOL.

                                        From: Carol [mailto:csean@...]

                                        When I figure my time is about up I'm taking the premier of this province
                                        with me only he's going down and I'm going up LOL.

                                        Carol

                                        Carol-

                                        May he die in his basement so he will have less far to go! (An old Quaker
                                        'curse'.)

                                        gail

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Aug 21, 2004
                                          In a message dated 8/20/2004 3:00:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                                          lands142@... writes:
                                          HI.So enjoy your weekend,let HepC be HepX,procrit be prodone and medicare
                                          some small institution where they train nurses,ribavarin a tropical fruit from
                                          madagaskar.Have a long sleep,healthy breakfast and a nice day,monday is a light
                                          year away.Yuppee!!.Willem.

                                        • Shshonee (Alley)
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Mar 25, 2005
                                            Hey Willem! When I try to send you email it gets returned to me. I was going to send you Annette's phone numbers.

                                            Alley
                                            www.alleypat.com
                                            www.alleypat.com/blog
                                            Not used for purpose used for

                                            "The artistic representation of history is a more serious pursuit than the exact writing of history, for the art of letters goes to the heart of things."
                                            Aristotle

                                          • shshonee@comcast.net
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Mar 30, 2005
                                              Willem, I've forgot the info you gave me sorry! We did Amsterdam Monday, Eindhoven and Den Bosch Tues. Rested today (Annette's Birthday) and tomorrow we are going to Terschelling then Friday to Haarlem and back to Eindhoven Sat then I fly out early Sunday morning. I will try to find your email to at least contact you but I don't get much time on the internet while I'm here haha. Annette doesn't let me! :)

                                              Take care and I'll post pictures for everyone soon.

                                              Alley
                                              going Dutch

                                            • avansi7465
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Jan 11, 2006
                                                Good luck..........our prayers will be with you. Anne