Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis]

    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2002
      In a message dated 5/17/2002 2:46:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      constance_clearwater_florida@... writes:

      > Wow, have not heard that name for a long time, and yes
      > I am. Did you know that the Author of Travis McGee
      > was John D McDonald and he lived in Sarasota FL? Just
      > south of where I lived and was from St Pete FL you go
      > over the Skyway Bridge to get to Sarasota, he even
      > mentions the Skyway, St Petersburg along with other
      > places. . McDonald supposedly wrote a book where
      > McGee was killed off to be published when he died, but
      > I have not seen it and he's be gone for awhile.. Also
      > his stories were based on true events.
      > Connie
      > > You must be a Travis McGee fan!

      I have the entire Travis McGee series. It's what I read when I need cheering
      up. I did know that the stories were based on true events. David read the
      one about Meyer's niece being blown up and remembered the event that inspired
      that, he thinks. The difference being that they caught the guy in Texas
      rather than Mexico. Yes, I knew he lived in Sarasota. He died in December
      of1985. I heard the rumor about the book, too. When I sent Dorothy flowers
      and a sympathy card, I asked if she planned to publish it. She said her son
      hadn't found it, yet. Maybe he did later and they decided not to publish it.
      They have started republishing the series. Maybe they are planning to do
      that and then publish the last one. I'm not sure I'd want to read it, if
      they did. My friend, Judy who's Father introduced us to John D. McDonald even
      named her Tonkanese Travis. David and I named our boat (an 18ft runabout)
      "the Busted Flush". The boats gone, but I still have the name tag hanging on
      the wall.
      How's that for excessive.