4254Re: ITP

  • Susan Jackson
    Oct 7, 2000
      Hi Pat,
      I don't know a lot, but since my doc thinks there is a possibility I have
      it, I started doing research. It is an auto immune disease, where the
      immune system kicks into high gear, but recognizes the platelets as the bad
      guys and destroys them. My first doc told me my low platelets were because
      of the liver disease (cirrhosis). My new doc says the way the platelets
      fell, does not indicate the low platelets is from my liver disease. He said
      that liver disease would cause a slower decrease. Mine dropped quickly. He
      is sending me to a hemotologist, and redoing ultrasound. It can also cause
      a rash, of little purple dots.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic