15688Re: Hepatitis B and Vaccination

  • Sameer Khalid
    Mar 8, 2005
      no, the virus is not active in my body now. i am ok. been positive
      for 1.5 years. no probs. there are treatments for hep B like
      interferon and lumidavine. but they are only if the virus activates
      and attacks the body. there are not treatment to remove the virus
      from the body. so not for me

      I wanted to know if wife has been vaccinated, will I pass on the
      virus to our kids( yet to be born ) thru the sperm or something.

      Thanks for the reply.

      --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Middle Mountain"
      <gourdmad@o...> wrote:

      > Hepatitis B can be sexually transmitted. Certainly she should get
      the
      > vaccine, but I am wondering, have you got treatment for HBV? There
      are some
      > treatments available, not that familiar with them, but that should
      be an
      > immediate concern to you, I would think.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic