15288Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Re: hurricane

    Sep 19, 2004
      In a message dated 9/18/2004 6:07:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      gourdmad@... writes:
      Now the Ohio river is slowly rising. It is almost surreal, because it is
      warm sunny and still out, but the Ohio keeps rising, forcing 10s of
      thousands to flee their homes and will peak an estimated 13 feet over flood
      stage on Sunday. More millions in dollars worth of damages, which on it's
      own would have been national news but as merely a side effect of Ivan, isn't
      even getting mentioned. I spent the day emptying basements and helping
      people move.
      I sympathize. I've been through the "rest of the storm" that everybody
      thought was a walk in the park. Fran and Bertha, together, took down trees that
      knocked a wall of my Mother's
      house along with other damage. Floyd did more damage with it's with flooding.
      I, too, have bailed my basement out. Hurricane Hugo killed people in
      Charlotte, N. C. and in the North Carolina mountains as well. The only way not to
      be damaged by a hurricane is for the hurricane to head East and head out to
      sea. The only advantage they bring SOMETIMES is much needed rain.
      You will be in our prayers.