14863Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] HIPPA

    Jul 7, 2004
      In a message dated 7/5/2004 10:32:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      tatezi@... writes:
      Gee, I didn't know that security was that tight...don't know why they bother
      since once diagnosed with something it goes into a national computer so
      insurance companies have your past medical history and can deny coverage for
      pre-existing conditions...
      I hate to point this out, but that part of the law was to keep people from
      lieing and thereby keep health insurance rates a little lower. It is the
      equivalent of an employer checking to see if an employee has an arrest record.