14161Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Hi all...with an update

  • Mzgee1@aol.com
    Apr 11, 2004
      HI Tat...I was pulled from treatment several times during my 13 months due to
      anemia. Eventually, I was managed fairly well with Procrit 40,000 units
      weekly. Are u on it? I remember when the anemia first hit and my counts bottomed
      out..OMG! I could not get out of bed. It's a terrible feeling..the
      shortness of breath etc. My doc also had me on Vit A, Folic Acid, Vit E. It took me
      8 months before I became jundectable, but I've remained that way (at least I
      still was at my last test last year.) I was never able to take the proper dose
      of Riba because of the anemia. Anemia is really nothing to fool around
      with...better to drop the Riba down or altogether, or even to stop treatment for a
      few weeks than put your body in jeopardy. Hang in there..this too shall
      pass! magee