14146Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Hi all...with an update

    Apr 10, 2004
      --- Tatezi <tatezi@...> wrote:

      > I've not done any iron...I going to see what happens by dropping
      > that extra ribavarinn once a day. I'm sure I will know if that is
      > working because I've discovered anemia to be almost debilitating.

      While at this point a little iron probably wouldn't hurt, it really
      won't help much since this is not iron-deficency anemia, it's
      hemolytic anemia - red cells being destroyed and an inability to
      replace them. Factors that can help in the production of blood cells
      may help some. (Epogen or Procrit would be the best!) Lots of good
      quality protein (I'd shoot for at least 80 gm per day), extra
      B-complex vitamins with C and E, and water. You might also try some
      liquid chlorophyll which is essentially plant blood, and has just
      about every single ingredient in it which is necessary for your body
      to efficiently build up it's red cells again. It does contain some
      iron, but not enough to be harmful, and maybe just enough to be
      helpful. Also drink lots of water, and don't let anyone put off
      checking your thyroid since the thyroid hormones seem to affect
      EVERYTHING in your body in one way or another.

      Do you Yahoo!?