14138Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] P.S. Sweet Potatoe Muffins

    Apr 10, 2004
      Here goes. I'm baking several batches for Sunrise Service tomorrow, so the
      recipe is handy. DO NOT do what I did with one batch-leave out the
      butter.........Somewhere in my memory bank there's a gaping hole that moves around at the
      most inconvenient times :-)
      1 1/2 C. plain all purpose flour
      1 1/2 T. brown sugar
      1 14 C. cooked mashed sweet potatoe
      1 stick oleo melted
      2 eggs slightly beaten
      1 1/4 C. white sugar
      1/4 tsp nutmeg
      1 C whole milk
      1 tsp cinnamon
      2 tsp. baking powder (add this last)
      optional: 1/2 c chopped pecans

      Combine all ingrediets EXCEPT baking powder. Mash lumps out with spoon or
      egg beater ( I recommend you use the spoon unless you like cleaning sweet
      potatoes from every spot in the kitchen that you can see and a few you'll find six
      months later). Add baking powder and mix. Spoon into GREASED muffin tin,
      filling cups 2/3 to 3/4 full. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour. Yields 18-24
      muffins.

      Enjoy!

      Keep us up to speed on the lab work.