13453Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Insomnia

    Nov 9, 2003
      No, I'm no expert! Just opinionated, lol! I don't think the Valerian
      is bad in small amounts either, but there is just a tendency to think
      if a little is ok a lot is better. As for the port, and wine - my
      doctor had told me an occasional glass of wine was ok too, and all my
      docs say it's ok for me to have an occasional glass of wine right
      now, as long as that is all it is. I have no liver damage, and I'm
      not on treatment. But there is some evidence in studies that alcohol
      while on treatment can reduce your chance of a response. Nothing
      proved, but who knows? Actually, while alcohol can make you feel
      drowsy and fall asleep it can interfere with the deep restful sleep
      which you need to feel rested.
      Claudine

      --- "w.m.landstra" <lands142@...> wrote:
      > HI.OK claudine you.re the expert but I know how bad insomnia is and
      > personally I don.t think a glass of port hurts, the valerian I
      > don.t know I asked my healthfood supplier and she said it was save
      > to take,in moderation mind you.While I was on treatment and the two
      > trials I was allowed to drink two glasses of wine a day but they
      > advised against drinking tea or coffee.It.s a matter of choosing
      > between two things,insomnia or a little help from your
      > friends,valerie and portella.Willem.

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic