11973MSM-MSM Products Page

  • Mark Middle Mountain
    Dec 31, 2002

      Link to the cheapest MSM I have found on the web. This guy pushes building
      up to an initial high dose, then backing off. More details in the FAQ
      section found off the Home page. Plus he responds to any posts on the
      message board. Here is an excerpt from the FAQ page.

      "We always recommend starting at a low level of between 500 and 1000 mg
      (eighth to a quarter teaspoon) per day. Stay at that level for about a week
      and then add another 500 to 1000 mg per day and stay at that level for a
      week. Continue in the same way for several weeks never adding more than 2000
      mg (half teaspoon) at one time, until you are taking between 6 and 8
      teaspoons per day. This high level makes up for the years of deficiency that
      your body has experienced. Then reduce the amount to a maintenance level for
      whatever works for you. This is a balance between addressing what you want
      to address and being able to sleep as well as you would like at night. For
      most people the maintenance level is between 1 and 2 teaspoons (4000 to 8000
      mg) per day. Always drink LOTS of water when starting on MSM or when
      increasing the amount you are taking."

      One thing they recommend is taking it all in the morning if you start having
      trouble sleeping at night with a larger dose. Also taking Vit C with the
      MSM, up to a max dose of 3 grams a day. He also sells the bulk Vit C. I
      am up to 3 teaspoons a day now. There are detox symptoms associated with
      increased doseages - the water helps keep the detox crap flowing out of
      you. I got a little jittery a couple of times after increasing my dose by
      1/2 teaspoon (2000mg) but it stopped after a couple of days. he says that
      if you were a heavy caffeine consumer, you can count on the jitters as part
      of the process of detox, and a friend of mine definitely had that problem.