10765Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Decision

    Jul 3, 2002
      Hey Claudine....I remember now watching a show called "trauma, life and
      death in the ER" I don't know if you get it or not....every week they
      spend an hour showing real life situations in the ER. And now I
      remember that they showed the hospital in San Antonio....and YES, they
      do treat anyone who hasn't got medical insurance. They were treating a
      mexican who snuck across the border, only to be hit by a train. I do
      remember them saying that they can't turn anyone down with no insurance
      for any valid medical condition.

      Connie, remember that....knowledge is power. Tell the jerks at the
      hospital that you know your rights and if they refuse to treat
      you....tell them they can talk to your lawyer....and proceed to the
      nearest phone booth and call. I betcha you'd have a free lawyer there
      in ohhh about 15 mins. This could turn into a big lawsuit!