10452Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Another question/Nutrition

    Jun 6, 2002
      Ask a 100 people about the 'right' diet and you will get a 100
      different answers. So - here's mine!

      I don't think there is any 'magic' diet, or one that is the 'right'
      one for everyone. Everybody is different. I think the most important
      thing is to eat a low fat, well balanced diet, and don't eat any
      iron-fortified foods. (That is mostly processed breakfast cereals).
      Try to eat a variety of foods. Remember those 'food groups' you
      learned about in school? I think that is still the most important
      guide line. Lean meats, chicken, eggs, or other protein sources;
      whole grain breads and cereals, vegetables, low-fat or skim milk,
      cheese, yogurt, lots of veggies and fruits - the fresher the better.
      And start with what you like! If you try to make a bunch of drastic
      changes you probably won't stick with it. Those nutritional
      supplement drinks are ok, just read the labels before buying. Some
      have a higher iron count than others, and go with low-fat. Also,
      drink lots of water.

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic