Re: [GExpertsDiscuss] Re: Relative paths and custom repositories for FavoriteFiles expert?

  • Erik Berry
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 28, 2011
      On 3/28/2011 6:39 AM, Ulrich wrote:
      > I re-uploaded the zip.

      This looks good. I made some minor changes, but the only larger changes were
      that I moved the file collection management menu items to a submenu of the
      File menu (which I think is OK, since it will be rarely used), and I made the
      relative path conversion happen every time the file is saved, so old entries
      get a relative path when the xml is saved to a new location. The downside of
      this is that a change from a relative save location to non-relative will have
      an invalid file name reference, but I think that problem existed in some
      cases before.

      I would encourage everyone who compiles from SVN or is willing to download a
      beta build here to give it a try:
      http://www.gexperts.org/files/beta/1.35/

      Thanks,
      Erik
    • Ulrich
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 6 6:01 AM
        I noticed that we don't have a possibility to delete references to deleted collections. To remedy this I thought about utilising the built-in path management dialog of the IDE which can be seen if one edits a project's search path. However this isn't exposed vio OTA. So I adapted a hack from the "delphisvn" subversion client - see http://tondrej.blogspot.com/2006/06/more-subversion.html. It uses GetProcAddress with a mangled class name to pull the TOrderedListEditDlg out of coreideXXX.bpl. This basically works - see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GExpertsDiscuss/photos/album/1036110333/pic/list.

        Eric, am I right, if I guess you don't want this hack in the GExperts code base? :-)

        Uli.
      • Erik Berry
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 11 8:38 AM
          I like the hack - I just don't like it being in GExperts nearly as much. :)

          I don't know which IDE versions it supports or what effects it would have if
          the internal function interface changes. One simpler solution (than
          re-creating that entire dialog, though that might not be terribly hard) might
          be a menu item to "Remove Non-Existent Files".

          Erik

          On 4/6/2011 8:01 AM, Ulrich wrote:
          > I noticed that we don't have a possibility to delete references to deleted
          > collections. To remedy this I thought about utilising the built-in path
          > management dialog of the IDE which can be seen if one edits a project's
          > search path. However this isn't exposed vio OTA. So I adapted a hack from
          > the "delphisvn" subversion client - see
          > http://tondrej.blogspot.com/2006/06/more-subversion.html. It uses
          > GetProcAddress with a mangled class name to pull the TOrderedListEditDlg
          > out of coreideXXX.bpl. This basically works - see
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GExpertsDiscuss/photos/album/1036110333/pic/list.
          >
          > Eric, am I right, if I guess you don't want this hack in the GExperts
          > code base? :-)
        • Ulrich
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 11 8:57 AM
            --- In GExpertsDiscuss@yahoogroups.com, Erik Berry <eb@...> wrote:

            > I like the hack - I just don't like it being in GExperts nearly as much. :)
            I was afraid so. :-)

            > I don't know which IDE versions it supports or what effects it would have if
            > the internal function interface changes. One simpler solution (than
            > re-creating that entire dialog, though that might not be terribly hard) might
            > be a menu item to "Remove Non-Existent Files".
            Will do when I find the time.

            Uli.