PSP

  • Moore, Robert
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
      I hope this is not too OT, but it does relate to image processing! I am having to reinstall my OS and when I contacted Corel about transferring Paint Shop Pro I was told they no longer support v 7.04. This version has served me very well, and continues to do so. Does anyone know if I can backup and then reinstall without a key?
      Corel are, of course, eager to sell me a new version with lots of functions that I don't need.
      Robert
    • Alan Banks
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
        Moore, Robert wrote:
        > I hope this is not too OT, but it does relate to image processing! I am having to reinstall my OS and when I contacted Corel about transferring Paint Shop Pro I was told they no longer support v 7.04. This version has served me very well, and continues to do so. Does anyone know if I can backup and then reinstall without a key?
        > Corel are, of course, eager to sell me a new version with lots of functions that I don't need.
        > Robert

        Not to be patronising but I always put the installation code on the
        software CD ;-).
        Can you just do an OS repair and preserve other software?
        You could try taking an image of the current set up (DriveImage XML is
        free)and try running it from that.
        Google the problem - someone's bound to have an answer somewhere on the web.

        Alan
      • Moore, Robert
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
          Thanks Alan, I had a downloaded version of PSP, so no CD. I do now keep notes of all keys etc - but I've had this for so long that I can find nothing. The other problem is I can't download a fresh copy because it is no longer available.
          Will try an OS repair first, but I am preparing for a full reformatting because I think a repair may not be enough.

          Robert

          Telephone and fax: 44 (0) 1352 714456
          > I hope this is not too OT, but it does relate to image processing! I am having to reinstall my OS and when I contacted Corel about transferring Paint Shop Pro I was told they no longer support v 7.04. This version has served me very well, and continues to do so. Does anyone know if I can backup and then reinstall without a key?
          > Corel are, of course, eager to sell me a new version with lots of functions that I don't need.
          > Robert

          Not to be patronising but I always put the installation code on the
          software CD ;-).
          Can you just do an OS repair and preserve other software?
          You could try taking an image of the current set up (DriveImage XML is
          free)and try running it from that.
          Google the problem - someone's bound to have an answer somewhere on the web.

          Alan
        • Marc Harding
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
            Hi Robert

            They have various versions on

            http://www.oldversion.com

            Kind Regards

            Marc.

            From: GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
              Forgot to make it clear that these are trial versions and that you would
              need a registration key for permanent use.

              Regards

              Marc.

              From: GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
                Marc I have a key - but will it work on one of these if I download?

                Robert

                ___________________________________

                From: GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com<mailto:GEO-Subscribers%40yahoogroups.com>

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
                  I must admit that i have little experience as to how Corel implement registration keys, if it is similar to how cyanogen Maxim DL works then you should be able to use your key during the trial period or indeed after it expires.

                  not much help i'm afraid, the only way to find out would be to try it.

                  Regards

                  Marc.

                  --- In GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com, "Moore, Robert" <rsmoore@...> wrote:

                  > Marc I have a key - but will it work on one of these if I download?
                  >

                  > Robert
                  >
                  > ___________________________________

                • Les Hamilton
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 2, 2009
                    Robert,

                    Don't know if this is relevent, but maybe.

                    I registered, and upgraded Paint Shop Pro up to version 6.0.

                    The version provided following payment was a full version *** which did not
                    require a key ***. It simply installed abnd was ready to go.

                    I would suspect that your downloaded version (I assume this was a download
                    made available to you following purchase) would likewise be a full
                    ready-to-go' copy of PSP.

                    Regards,

                    Les

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 16, 2009
                      Thanks to all who offered to help with PSP. I was able to reinstall without too much difficulty once I had sorted out my OS.

                      Robert