Re: [GEO-Subscribers] SICH-1M heard ????

  • Douglas Deans
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
      From: "John Heath" <johnheath@...>
      To: <GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 1:28 AM
      Subject: [GEO-Subscribers] SICH-1M heard ????

      > Hi Guys,
      > Probably wrong but I think I heard Sich-1M this morning. 01:18 utc Jan 1
      > 2005
      > Picked it up coming over the Atlantic. 137.735 MHz. S9 rasping noise with
      > intermittent breaks in the signal of only a fraction of a second.
      > Will be set up to get a wave file on the next pass I can monitor.
      >
      > Using keps for Object No. 28505 2004 052A
      >
      > 73 all and Happy New Year
      >
      > John G7HIA

      John, Sich 1M can only use 137.400 MHz so it definitely was not that. I
      have a digital recorder sitting on the frequency 24/7 and so far nothing.
      More likely what you may have heard was one of the many Orbcomm sats.
      In addition Sich 1M was over the equator at 01.18 UTC according to my
      keplers updated 31/12/04.

      Best regards
      Douglas.
    • Mike Jupp
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
        Hi John.
        According to my keps Sich-1M was LOS at about 0111utc, southbound,
        here on the southcoast...think it was not Sich at 0118utc but am
        open to suggestions.
        HNY....Mike
      • Ian Deans
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
          Not likely to be Sich 1M. If it was transmitting it uses 137.400.

          To be honest it is in such a mess that it now appears extremely unlikely that we will hear anything from it. Huge disappointment as it would have been a very interesting satellite, although I appreciate only likely to be heard in restricted areas.

          Regards

          Ian.

        • John Heath
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
            Thanks to everyone who posted.
            Seems to was probably an Orbcomm satellite.
            Happy New Year
            John G7HIA