Happy St.Andrews Day

  • brekaman
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
      To all GEO members in Scotland and wherever. I wish you a happy
      St.Andrew's Day, also if you keep having fine banquets like I see in
      GEO mag I just might be persuaded to move to Scotland!
      Best Wishes,
      Rob Denton.
    • brekaman
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
        Hmmmm,
        My calendar says today but I think it was yesterday?
        Rob.
        --- In GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com, "brekaman" <g4yrz@...> wrote:

        > To all GEO members in Scotland and wherever. I wish you a happy
        > St.Andrew's Day, also if you keep having fine banquets like I see in
        > GEO mag I just might be persuaded to move to Scotland!
        > Best Wishes,
        > Rob Denton.

      • Les Hamilton
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
          Hi Rob,

          Thanks for the good wishes.

          Actually, the idea of celebrating St Andrews Day in Scotland is a complete
          myth.

          I don't know anyone who pays the slightest attention to it.

          Regards,

          Les

          My calendar says today but I think it was yesterday?
          Rob.
          --- In GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com, "brekaman" <g4yrz@...> wrote:

          > To all GEO members in Scotland and wherever. I wish you a happy
          > St.Andrew's Day, also if you keep having fine banquets like I see in
          > GEO mag I just might be persuaded to move to Scotland!
          > Best Wishes,
          > Rob Denton.

        • Dale Ireland
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
            St Andrews is huge in the US. I see St Andrews logo clothes and logo golf
            equipment everywhere. Plaid pants, yellow shirt, white belt. Isn't he the
            patron saint of Golf or something.
            Dale

          • Les Hamilton
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
              Hi,

              St Andrews Golf Course is the traditional 'Home of Golf' in Scotland, so I
              can well understand its use in marketing and branding.

              Les

              St Andrews is huge in the US. I see St Andrews logo clothes and logo golf
              equipment everywhere. Plaid pants, yellow shirt, white belt. Isn't he the
              patron saint of Golf or something.
              Dale

              Check your status by looking at the label on your latest issue or contact
              members@... by email

              ** AUTOMATIC CREDIT CARD RENEWAL **

              GEO will be operating automatic credit card renewal to save you time and
              reduce our administration. If you wish to convert to automated renewal
              contact members@... by email. Also a tick box is provided on the
              application form to indicate your preference. The form can be found here :-
              http://www.geo-web.org.uk/join.pdf Your credit card details will be held
              securely.

              Contact details ### GEO is run by volunteers ###

              David Anderson members@... Membership enquiries
              Ray Godden webmaster@... GEO website
              Les Hamilton editor@... GEO Quarterly Editor
              John Tellick info@... General enquiries