METOP image

  • Moore, Robert
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
      The two lows back-to-back between Ireland and Iceland show clearly in METOP pass and in Bracknell 1200 chart. But not really to be seen in Met-9 - just a hint in RSS. Presumably they merged?

      Robert

    • Alan Banks
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
        Hi Robert,
        An RSS animation shows that they didn't merge. The northern low headed
        for the coast of Iceland and the southern low seems to have petered out
        in ch 02.
        Cheers
        Alan

        Moore, Robert wrote:
        > The two lows back-to-back between Ireland and Iceland show clearly in METOP pass and in Bracknell 1200 chart. But not really to be seen in Met-9 - just a hint in RSS. Presumably they merged?
        >
        > Robert

        > Check your status by looking at the label on your latest issue or contact members@... by email
        >
        > ** AUTOMATIC CREDIT CARD RENEWAL **
        >
        > GEO will be operating automatic credit card renewal to save you time and reduce our administration. If you wish to convert to automated renewal contact members@... by email. Also a tick box is provided on the application form to indicate your preference. The form can be found here :- http://www.geo-web.org.uk/join.pdf Your credit card details will be held securely.
        >
        > Contact details ### GEO is run by volunteers ###
        >
        > David Anderson members@... Membership enquiries
        > Ray Godden webmaster@... GEO website
        > Les Hamilton editor@... GEO Quarterly Editor
        > John Tellick info@... General enquiries
        > Peter Wakelin meteo@... Meteorological matters
        > Francis Bell francis@... Public Relations and Education
        > Clive Finnis shop@... *** GEO SHOP ***
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Moore, Robert
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
          Alan what channels did you have set for your RSS animation - was it ch02 only? You obviously had a much better view than mine - I vaguely saw the petering out you mentioned but it was every unclear and I interpreted what I saw as merging. I'm sure you're right though.

          Moore, Robert wrote:
          > The two lows back-to-back between Ireland and Iceland show clearly in METOP pass and in Bracknell 1200 chart. But not really to be seen in Met-9 - just a hint in RSS. Presumably they merged?
          >
          > Robert

          > Check your status by looking at the label on your latest issue or contact members@... <mailto:members%40geo-web.org.uk> by email
          >
          > ** AUTOMATIC CREDIT CARD RENEWAL **
          >
          > GEO will be operating automatic credit card renewal to save you time and reduce our administration. If you wish to convert to automated renewal contact members@... <mailto:members%40geo-web.org.uk> by email. Also a tick box is provided on the application form to indicate your preference. The form can be found here :- http://www.geo-web.org.uk/join.pdf <http://www.geo-web.org.uk/join.pdf> Your credit card details will be held securely.
          >
          > Contact details ### GEO is run by volunteers ###
          >
          > David Anderson members@... <mailto:members%40geo-web.org.uk> Membership enquiries
          > Ray Godden webmaster@... <mailto:webmaster%40geo-web.org.uk> GEO website
          > Les Hamilton editor@... <mailto:editor%40geo-web.org.uk> GEO Quarterly Editor
          > John Tellick info@... <mailto:info%40geo-web.org.uk> General enquiries
          > Peter Wakelin meteo@... <mailto:meteo%40geo-web.org.uk> Meteorological matters
          > Francis Bell francis@... <mailto:francis%40geo-web.org.uk> Public Relations and Education
          > Clive Finnis shop@... <mailto:shop%40geo-web.org.uk> *** GEO SHOP ***
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Alan Banks
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2, 2008
            No I just used Ch 02. After watching it a few times, I just concluded it
            petered out. The 18.00 Bracknell chart seems to support this.
            Alan

            Moore, Robert wrote:
            > Alan what channels did you have set for your RSS animation - was it ch02 only? You obviously had a much better view than mine - I vaguely saw the petering out you mentioned but it was every unclear and I interpreted what I saw as merging. I'm sure you're right though.
            >
            > Robert

          • Moore, Robert
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 12, 2009
              Interesting sun-glint around Crete to the Turkish coast.

              Robert
            • Moore, Robert
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 31, 2009
                Grand Canyon perfectly outlined by snow in today's image.

                Robert
              • leshamilton2004
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 31, 2009
                  Any chance of a link, Robert.

                  It is highly frustrating for us non-Metop folk to receive messages like this without the offer of an image.

                  Happy New Year.

                  Les

                  --- In GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com, "Moore, Robert" <rsmoore@...> wrote:

                  > Grand Canyon perfectly outlined by snow in today's image.
                  >
                  > Robert

                • Alan Banks
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 31, 2009
                    Hi Les
                    Try this.
                    > http://www.alanbanks.org.uk/test.html

                    103KB

                    Not my best - but you can see what Robert means.

                    Alan

                    leshamilton2004 wrote:
                    > Any chance of a link, Robert.
                    >
                    > It is highly frustrating for us non-Metop folk to receive messages like this without the offer of an image.
                    >
                    > Happy New Year.
                    >
                    > Les
                    >
                    > --- In GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com, "Moore, Robert" <rsmoore@...> wrote:
                    >> Grand Canyon perfectly outlined by snow in today's image.
                    >>
                    >> Robert

                    > Check your status by looking at the label on your latest issue or contact members@... by email
                    >
                    > ** AUTOMATIC CREDIT CARD RENEWAL **
                    >
                    > GEO will be operating automatic credit card renewal to save you time and reduce our administration. If you wish to convert to automated renewal contact members@... by email. Also a tick box is provided on the application form to indicate your preference. The form can be found here :- http://www.geo-web.org.uk/join.pdf Your credit card details will be held securely.
                    >
                    > Contact details ### GEO is run by volunteers ###
                    >
                    > David Anderson members@... Membership enquiries
                    > Ray Godden webmaster@... GEO website
                    > Les Hamilton editor@... GEO Quarterly Editor
                    > John Tellick info@... General enquiries
                    > Peter Wakelin meteo@... Meteorological matters
                    > Francis Bell francis@... Public Relations and Education
                    > Clive Finnis shop@... *** GEO SHOP ***
                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Moore, Robert
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 31, 2009
                      Sorry Les, I have posted the METOP-A image to the list's files.
                      Have a good New Year - I spent 20 New Years in Aberdeen.

                      Robert
                    • leshamilton2004
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 1, 2010
                        Thanks Robert,

                        Mighty impressive.

                        It's a White New Year as I type - it's snowing again!

                        Best wishes,