Re: [GEO-Subscribers] RE: Smoke?

  • Robert Denton
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
      Hey Arne,

      Thanks for the very informative reply. I think with yours and other replies we have ascertained what this is now. It never ceases to amaze me what can be learnt from this hobby, who would have thought such things in the African desert! I am going to Siberia for the New year, and thinking of taking a portable station, I don't know where to start as I must travel light and don't really have anything suitable but I bet the images from Siberia would be quite interesting.

      Rob.
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
        --- In GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Denton" <rob@g...> wrote:
        > Hey Arne,
        >
        > Thanks for the very informative reply. I think with yours and other
        replies we have ascertained what this is now. It never ceases to amaze
        me what can be learnt from this hobby, who would have thought such
        things in the African desert! I am going to Siberia for the New year,
        and thinking of taking a portable station, I don't know where to start
        as I must travel light and don't really have anything suitable but I
        bet the images from Siberia would be quite interesting.

        > Rob.

        Ok Rob,
        Sorry for the late response, was at work. Wish you a good trip to
        Siberia. If you are goning for portable equipment, you could start
        with a foldable QFHA (design Ruud Jansen), a small battery powered
        receiver and a minidisc player/recorder (or obsolete portable DCC or
        DAT recorder).

        Greetings,
        Arne van Belle
      • geojohnt@aol.com
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
          a.van.belle@... writes:

          Would make a nice Christmas safari by the way !
          Don't forget your 4WD, GPS, satellite phone and lots of water.

          Arne,

          You forgot your laptop, 35 cm dish, SkyStar USB receiver and buckets of
          insect repellent spray!

          Regards,
          John Tellick.…