Shuttle mission STS-122 launch December 6th.

  • geojohnt@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2007
      All,

      Shuttle mission STS-122 to deliver the European Columbus laboratory module
      to the ISS is on schedule for its December 6th launch.
      And, the ISS will be visible for a short periods (going into Earth shadow)
      between the 5th and 10th of December from UK and Europe.
      Hopefully with clear skies we'll see both - if but for a short period.
      _www.heavens-above.com_ (http://www.heavens-above.com) for predictions from
      your location.

      NASA TV will televise the launch both via satellite and web - details:
      _www.nasa.gov_ (http://www.nasa.gov)
      And I'm sure ESA TV will also cover the launch live - via Sirius 2 at 4.8
      deg. E.
      Details will be at _http://television.esa.int/_ (http://television.esa.int/)

      Regards,
      John Tellick.

      ESA PR 35-2007. With NASA’s announcement today of the launch of Space
      Shuttle Atlantis on 6 December, ESA astronauts Hans Schlegel, from Germany, and
      Leopold Eyharts, from France, are set to carry ESA’s Columbus laboratory to the
      International Space Station.

      Read more:
      _http://www.esa.int/esaCP/SEMTTQ73R8F_index_0.html_