Rain at last in Bulgaria

  • brekaman
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
      Hello friends,

      It's raining! After many weeks without rain it's finally arrived. The
      fires are finally being laid to rest the air is fresh and it feels so
      good to see the rain after being without for so long. A most welcome
      sight indeed.I'm sure you can all see the severe storm clouds over
      Romania and Bulgaria but for once I'm so happy for this, things were
      getting desperate. It's a very heavy rain here but much needed, there
      were cracks in the garden lawn large enough to swallow an apple!

      Thankyou Lord!

      Regards to All

      Rob.
    • nigel heasman
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2007
        Hi Rob,
        that's great news, for you. Could you send some down our way, please?!!
        Enjoy the outside bathtub!
        regards
        Nigel
        N.Cyprus

        brekaman <g4yrz@...> wrote: Hello friends,

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2007
          Hi Nigel,
          I ordered you a bath of rain for next week :o)

          Although we had a heavy rain it was not enough to close the cracks in
          the lawn, but suddenly enverything is green. The last four days or so
          have seen a 5 degree drop in average daily temperature, I noticed
          there has been a cool wind, which is most welcome. I know that we have
          been fanned with the hot winds from Africa.

          I opened my car boot this week and it was full of dust! I haven't a
          clue where it came from! The rest of the car interior was unaffected.
          Very Strange.

          Hope all is well In Cyprus.

          I have started making a list of powercuts here and was surprised to
          see it's almost a daily event with the electric and with water about 3
          times a week! Name and shame time. EVN Bulgaria. They have the
          monopoly here and just cut you off without giving notice. They paint
          such a rosy picture on their website but in reality the service is
          terrible in my village.The sooner I finish my off-grid system the
          better. I have a UPS on the PC's thank goodness but sometimes I can't
          get to them fast enough to shut down properly. I will invest in
          another when I nip into town, a new one here is only £50 for a 1500vA,
          very cheap.

          I would love to enjoy the outside bathtub but already someone has
          pulled the plug! :o)

          Best regards

          Rob.
          Chernozemen,Bulgaria