Snow Moon.

  • geojohnt@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
      All,

      Here we go again - Moon naming.
      As I drove home this afternoon at 16:30 the full moon was rising and it
      looked enormous in the still day light eastern sky.
      According to space weather this is the Snow Moon.
      A list of 'Moons' can be found at:

      _http://www.farmersalmanac.com/astronomy/fullmoonnames.html_
      (http://www.farmersalmanac.com/astronomy/fullmoonnames.html)

      There is also a lovely photograph of comet McNaught with the Southern Lights
      taken on the 30th.

      _www.spaceweather.com_ (http://www.spaceweather.com)

      Regards,
      John Tellick.

    • Alan Banks
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
        Hi John

        geojohnt@... wrote:
        > All,
        >
        > Here we go again - Moon naming.
        >
        > According to space weather this is the Snow Moon.
        > A list of 'Moons' can be found at:
        >
        > _http://www.farmersalmanac.com/astronomy/fullmoonnames.html_
        > (http://www.farmersalmanac.com/astronomy/fullmoonnames.html)

        They sound very American. There's a UK list that is rather longer

        > http://www.project-iona.co.uk/article.php?iona_id=429

        Alan

        http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
      • geojohnt@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2007
          alanjamesbanks@... writes:

          They sound very American. There's a UK list that is rather longer

          > _http://www.project-http://www.http://www.phttp://www._
          (http://www.project-iona.co.uk/article.php?iona_id=429)

          Alan,

          Yes, I agree with your comment.