Mount Etna.

  • geojohnt@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2006
      All,

      I thought you might be interested in this 'closer to home.'

      This Envisat image acquired on 25 November captures smoke spewing from Europe
      ’s largest active volcano, Mt. Etna. The 3 350 metre-high volcano resumed
      eruptions in early September this year and entered its highly active phase on 5
      November, according to the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanic
      Studies.

      More at:

      _http://www.esa.int/esaEO/SEMAUHD4VUE_index_0.html_
      (http://www.esa.int/esaEO/SEMAUHD4VUE_index_0.html)