Meteosat-8 HRV South Atlantic.

  • geojohnt@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
      All,

      Interesting well defined 'wave clouds'(?) currently (11:00 GMT) at 54.4 deg.
      S - 3.3 deg. E. on the HRV image.

      Regards,
      John Tellick.

    • Robert Moore
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
        Can't see it John ... can you confirm position?
        Thanks
        Robert

        --On 01 February 2006 06:12 -0500 geojohnt@... wrote:

        > All,
        >
        > Interesting well defined 'wave clouds'(?) currently (11:00 GMT) at 54.4
        > deg.
        > S - 3.3 deg. E. on the HRV image.
        >
        > Regards,
        > John Tellick.

        > Contact us details
        >
        >### GEO is run by volunteers ###
        >
        > Nigel Evans members@... Membership enquiries
        > Ray Godden webmaster@... GEO website
        > Les Hamilton editor@... GEO Quarterly Editor
        > John Tellick info@... General enquiries
        > Peter Wakelin meteo@... Meteorological matters
        > Francis Bell francis@... Public Relations and Education
        > Clive Finnis shop@... *** GEO SHOP ***

        44 (0) 1352 714456
      • nigel heasman
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
          Very interesting, John, and there's no land down
          there, to give that effect??
          regards
          Nigel

          --- geojohnt@... wrote:

          > All,
          >
          > Interesting well defined 'wave clouds'(?) currently
          > (11:00 GMT) at 54.4 deg.
          > S - 3.3 deg. E. on the HRV image.
          >
          > Regards,
          > John Tellick.

          > removed]
          >

          > Contact us details
          >
          > ### GEO is run by volunteers ###
          >
          > Nigel Evans members@... Membership
          > enquiries
          > Ray Godden webmaster@... GEO website
          > Les Hamilton editor@... GEO Quarterly
          > Editor
          > John Tellick info@... General enquiries
          > Peter Wakelin meteo@... Meteorological
          > matters
          > Francis Bell francis@... Public Relations
          > and Education
          > Clive Finnis shop@... *** GEO SHOP ***
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Robert Moore
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
            Ah, got 'em. Very hard to pick out, so well spotted!

            Robert

            --On 01 February 2006 06:12 -0500 geojohnt@... wrote:

            > All,
            >
            > Interesting well defined 'wave clouds'(?) currently (11:00 GMT) at 54.4
            > deg.
            > S - 3.3 deg. E. on the HRV image.
            >
            > Regards,
            > John Tellick.

            > Contact us details
            >
            >### GEO is run by volunteers ###
            >
            > Nigel Evans members@... Membership enquiries
            > Ray Godden webmaster@... GEO website
            > Les Hamilton editor@... GEO Quarterly Editor
            > John Tellick info@... General enquiries
            > Peter Wakelin meteo@... Meteorological matters
            > Francis Bell francis@... Public Relations and Education
            > Clive Finnis shop@... *** GEO SHOP ***

          • Kornel Kollath
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 5, 2006
              Hello,

              You can see many of similar lee-waves!
              These are because of ice-hills (from Antarctica)!
              /must be some orography in case of similar lee-waves developing from
              one focus point.... and there are no islands on the map :)./
              I produced many of wonderful animation ... but I cannot upload the
              files (maybe the size of them are too big?)

              Actually, I am searching for a good forum for this kind of
              sat-meteorolgy discussion (with the possiblility of bigger animation
              files uploading for example).
              Do anybody know this kind of forum?

              This forum is a mix of technical and meteorological issues...it is a
              problem as well i think.

              Regards,
              Kornél

            • geojohnt@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 6, 2006
                In a message dated 05/02/2006 15:17:28 GMT Standard Time, kollath.k@...
                writes:

                I produced many of wonderful animation ... but I cannot upload the
                files (maybe the size of them are too big?)

                Hello Kornél,

                I'm not sure if this is possible so I've asked some members who might know.

                >Actually, I am searching for a good forum for this kind of
                >sat-meteorolgy discussion (with the possiblility of bigger animation
                >files uploading for example).
                >Do anybody know this kind of forum?

                I do not know of any - but there may be - perhaps other members could advise?

                >This forum is a mix of technical and meteorological issues...it is a
                >problem as well i think.

                Well yes, but it is a group of friends discussing all aspects of our hobby
                and we even drift of into cricket when England play Australia.

                Best wishes,
                John Tellick.