Shiptracks, Hurricane and a Typhoon

  • Mike Jupp
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2005
      Hi All.
      Interesting to see we have an East Pacific Hurricane (Otis),
      threatening Baja and just north of it some nice shiptracks.
      Plus near Taiwan there is nicely formed Typhoon Longwang.

      I have some images made with data from the NOAA Archive for anyone
      interested.

      Shiptracks at:
      http://www.weathersatellite.info/pacific-shiptrack-vg.jpg

      Hurricane Otis at:
      http://www.weathersatellite.info/otis-rgb.jpg

      Typhoon Longwang at:
      http://www.weathersatellite.info/longwang-rgb.jpg

      All images are fairly large at 700/800kb and data was processed with
      David Taylor's HRPTReader.

      Cheers...Mike
    • Geoff L. Kennedy
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2005
        On Sat, 1 Oct 2005, Mike Jupp wrote:

        > Hi All.

        Hi Mike,

        > Interesting to see we have an East Pacific Hurricane (Otis),
        > threatening Baja and just north of it some nice shiptracks.

        Drat !! I can receive only down to the very northern part
        of Baja and southern California......

        My most recent N18 image doesn't show anything of mention
        in those parts..... ;-(

        --

        Geoff L. Kennedy North Delta, British Columbia, Canada
        starwarrior@... Lat: +49.176 Long: -122.895

        Amateur Radio Call: VE7WXS

        Weather Satellite Imagery: http://wxsat.gelaken.ca
        Personal Webpage : http://ve7wxs.gelaken.ca