GEO Symposium

  • Les Hamilton
    Message 1 of 36 , Apr 16 2:51 PM

      To all list members,

      Just a quick reminder that GEO's Inaugural Symposium is now just two weeks
      away.

      A highly informative and packed program has been arranged, which is expected
      to include live demonstrations of Meteosat-8 (MSG-1) reception.

      A number of our European members are joining us for the day, and will be
      happy to talk with you and answer your questions.

      Check our website at:

      for full details.

      There are still places available. If you have not yet made up your mind to
      attend, we will continue to accept registrations from members who simply
      turn up at the National Space Centre on the day (Saturday, May 1) between 9
      30 am and 10.00 am.

      I look forward to meeting many of you there on May 1.

      Best regards,

      Les Hamilton

      Les Hamilton

      GEO (Group for Earth Observation)

    • Alan Banks
      Message 36 of 36 , Mar 21, 2014
        Evening all,
        If you aren't already booked to attend the GEO Symposium on Sat 26th
        April 2014 you should really think again.
        The Symposium this year is timely and important with the changes to
        EUMETCast from August this year.
        The speakers cover science from Wx Sats.
        Two speakers from EUMETSAT to talk about the forthcoming changes and
        representatives of the two identified manufacturers who produce a
        reasonable cost receiver.
        All for £20 at the National Space Centre, Leicester including parking,
        admission to the centre and the symposium.
        Members and non members are all welcome. Bring the family for a great
        day out.
        More info on our website.
        > http://www.geo-web.org.uk/
        Cheers